5.1 | Grievances

5.1.A | Types of grievances may include, but are not limited to:

i. Discrimination

ii. Disability Accommodation

iii. Title IX, Sex-Based Misconduct

iv. Grade Disputes

v. Academic Suspension and Holds

vi. Student Conduct Separation and Appeals

vii. Parking Citations

5.1.B | Disabilities Accommodations Appeals Committee: Students in need of accommodations in response to a physical or mental disability must request them through the Director of the Office of Student Accessibility (OSA). Any approved accommodations will be based on documentation demonstrating eligibility under the state and federal law. If a student disagrees with accommodations decisions made by OSA, they may discuss the concern with the Director of OSA. Students must demonstrate that they have made a good-faith effort to resolve the complaint with the OSA Director. If the complaint is still not resolved satisfactorily, the student may visit with the Assistant VP of Student Affairs. The Assistant VP of Student Affairs may take up to five (5) working days to determine an appropriate resolution. During this process, informal discussions will take place, with all parties involved, in an attempt to resolve the complaint.

5.1.C | If no informal satisfactory resolution is determined within five (5) business days, the student may request the complaint to be referred to the Disabilities Accommodations Appeals Commitee. This request must be in writing to the VP of Student Affairs, and must contain all reasons for the referral. This committee will consist of the following members, or designated replacements:

i. VP of Student Affairs, Chair

ii. Assistant EVPP

iii. Director of Student Medical Services

iv. Faculty (from special education, or other discipline with expertise in disability issue)

5.1.D | Recommendations of the disability's accommodations appeals commitee will be forwarded to the president for final approval and implementation.