Counseling Services

WTAMU Student Counseling Services Center

Life as a college student can be an exciting time filled with freedom, changes, and new experiences! It can be fulfilling, rewarding and sometimes challenging. For many students, these changes and demands can be overwhelming. WTAMU's Student Counseling Services understands that students may need some support during the school year to help them succeed. The Student Counseling Center is able to help students through:

  • Personal Counseling
  • Group Counseling
  • Crisis Intervention

Student Counseling Services is located in the Classroom Center suite 116. Our center is the suite with frosted glass windows in the Student Success Center.  

Now Introducing TELUS!

TELUS Mental Health Support App

TELUS is a 24/7 resource for students seeking mental health support. Students are able to access providers through chat, phone calls, video chat, and in-person services, seek support from peers, and access a library of resources catered to the mental health needs of students. All resources provided by students are free of charge! Simply download the app and select West Texas A&M University as your school to get started.

Scope of Care

The Student Counseling Center provides short-term counseling and consultation to students who are experiencing emotional and psychological problems that are interfering with their ability to be successful in school. Our purpose is not to provide intense treatment for severe, chronic, or long-term mental illness or mental health problems.  

Emotional Support Animal Notice

The Student Counseling Center does not employ accommodation specialists and therefore does not provide letters regarding academic or living accommodations (e.g, pet and /or emotional support animals, special allowances for classes, etc.). Requests for accommodations should be directed to Student Disability Services. The Student Counseling Center does not provide assessment and/or documentation related to Emotional Support Animal accommodations for either off campus or on campus housing.  Per University policy, Emotional Support Animals are only permitted in residence halls.  They are not permitted in any other building on campus, including the Student Wellness Center.