Transient or Visiting Student Applicants

welcome transient and visiting students!

Who is a Transient or Visiting Student?

A transient or visiting student is a student who is enrolled in one college or university (their home institution) and takes courses temporarily in another college or university (their host institution) with the intention of transferring the course credit back to their home institution.


Admissions Requirements:

  1. Apply here:
  2. Submit your official transcript from the school you are currently attending and will be transferring your WT credits to (home institution). 
    1. The transfer credits for Transient / Visiting Students will not be evaluated and will not appear on your WT transcript after they have completed courses at WT.
  3. Must have a 2.0 or greater GPA and be in good standing at home institution in order to be admitted to WT.
  4. Once you have completed your WT course(s) and grade(s) are posted, request your WT transcript to be sent to your home institution. WT transcript Request:


 Note on Financial Aid: Transient Students do not qualify for Financial Aid. 


By Phone:

By Fax:
806-651-5285 (fax)


By Mail:
WTAMU Box 60907
Canyon, TX 79016

IG: @wtamu_admission

In Person:
Old Main, Room 124
2501 4th Ave
Canyon, TX 79016