Admissions and Registration


First, a student must apply to West Texas A&M University through the undergraduate applications portal

Secondly, a student will request official transcripts from all colleges and universities to be sent to our Admissions Office. We do not accept transcripts sent from the student. Please have all transcripts sent to the following address: Office of Admissions, West Texas A&M University, Box 60907, Canyon, Texas 79016. Any additional questions can be answered by referring to the Admissions website.

Once a student has been admitted to the university, the student is required to complete a degree plan. This is an extremely important requirement. Students will then need to contact Michael Crippen (Sr. Academic Adviser) in Advising Services for help in deciding what classes they need to register for in the first semester, and filing for their degree plan. Mr. Crippen can be contacted at 806-651-5305 or

Once issued, it is important that each student relies upon their WTAMU e-mail account for all official communication with their professors, staff, and administrators. Do not use personal e-mail accounts to correspond with professors, staff, or administration. 


If you have found it necessary to take a break from your studies, we are glad to see you back. Returning students should complete the EZ Re-Entry Application. Additional information can be found on the Returning Applicants Admissions web page.

Registration for Courses

It is the student’s responsibility to register for classes after advising. Students register by entering WTAMU’s website, going into their Buff Advisor, reviewing their Program Evaluation, and then going into Student Planning where they have additional planning tools and Registration tools. Faculty members do not register students for classes unless faculty permission is required to register for a specific course. Otherwise, class registration is a student's responsibility.

Additional information on registering for class can be obtained through the Office of the Registrar or through their "How to Register" support page.