Second Bachelor's Degree

Students who have previously earned a bachelor’s degree and are seeking another undergraduate degree, or a second bachelor’s degree, will need to apply through the Graduate School as a second bachelor.

Admission Requirements

  • WTAMU Graduate School application
    • In the University Interest section of the application, select "Graduate" as the Application type and then "Second Bachelor's Degree" as the Student type. Continue the application as instructed.
  • $55 non-refundable application fee
    • Application Fee Waivers: Second bachelor applicants are not eligible for the Undergraduate Admissions application fee waivers
  • Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended
  • Other requirements as needed depending on the area/department of your second bachelor degree


  • August 1 for fall admission
  • December 1 for spring admission
  • May 1 for summer admission

Note: International students are advised to review the application deadlines set forth by International Student Services. 

Students ONLY Seeking Pre-requisites

If your goal is to complete prerequisite coursework for another program, please check if the course(s) that you need is available through our Education on Demand Office before you submit a second bachelor application or a non-degree seeking application. Education on Demand courses are less expensive, 100% online, and self-paced.  For more information about Education on Demand, please reach out to their office at 806-651-2037 or


College Advisors' Contact Information

Terry B. Rogers College of Education and Social Sciences  
Sybil B. Harrington College of Fine Arts and Humanities  
College of Nursing and Health Sciences  
Please be aware that second bachelor seeking students are not eligible for Graduate School scholarships. It is still highly recommended that you submit the General Scholarship application as you may be eligible for other University or departmental scholarships.
Financial Aid
Second bachelor seeking students are eligible for federal financial aid. If you have questions about financial aid, please reach out to their office.


Cailyn Nymeyer
Senior Graduate Academic Advisor