Frequently Asked Questions

If you do not see answers to your question, please feel free to email us at


Application Process

When do I submit my application?  
I have been living and studying in the U.S. for several years. Am I still considered an international applicant?  
How long is the admission process?  
Do I need to take the SAT or ACT?  
How will transfer credit be determined?  
What if I am transferring to WTAMU from another U.S. School? What must I do?  
What academic documents are required for admission?  
When and where should transcripts be sent to West Texas A&M University?  
What if my transcripts are not in English?  
What is a Foreign Credential Evaluation and where do I get one?  

Visa Process

Where can I find information on the student visa process?  
What is an I-20 Form?  
When will I receive an I-20 form?  
What documents are needed to obtain an I-20 form from the university?  
Are there any other documents required prior to being accepted?  
What financial documents are needed if I am self-pay or supported through family funds?  
What if I am sponsored by an agency or government?  


What are the University English proficiency requirements?  
How can I be exempt from the TOEFL/IELTS requirements?  
How can I have my TOEFL results mailed to West Texas A&M University?  
Do I need to take the GRE or GMAT?  

Tuition, Financial Aid and Scholarships

How much does it cost to attend WTAMU?  
Do international students qualify for Federal financial aid?  
Does WTAMU offer financial aid, scholarship or loans to international students?  
What do I need to do if I receive a scholarship?  
What is the deadline for a scholarship application?  

Other Questions

How and when do I pay for classes?  
What kind of housing is available?  
What degree programs are available at WTAMU?  
Will I be able to work while I am a student?  
If I am an international student do I have to attend school full time?