University Funds

West Texas A&M University provides various forms of funding to students. The main types of university funds are academic scholarships, athletic scholarships, and graduate assistantships. Please contact your academic department for information concerning university funds.

The University always issues written offer letters to students for these awards. If you have been offered an award from West Texas A&M University this funding will be used as part of your financial resources for issuance of the I-20 form. If the university funding does not meet all your financial requirements, then you will need to show additional funding from another source. The International Office does not always receive notice of scholarships or assistantship from other departments. It is the responsibility to the student to provide the Int’l Office with a copy of your award letter before it can be used as part of financial support on the I-20 form. You may submit a copy of the award letter via email by sending it to Please include your student ID#.