Student Complaint Process

File a Complaint With West Texas A&M

West Texas A&M University does its best to provide students and other members of the University community with an unbiased outlet for concerns as they pertain to the University’s policies and procedures.  Formal procedures for specific types of complaints may be found in the Student Handbook. Anyone may initiate the formal complaint process by using the Online Complaint Form.  The complete complaint process is illustrated in the Complaint Process Flow Chart. If you have questions about any aspect of the complaint process, contact:

Office of Student Affairs 
Jack B. Kelley Student Center, Suite 102
WTAMU Box 60775
Canyon, TX 79016
Phone: (806) 651-2050 | Fax: (806) 651-2926


Filing Complaints with the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board

All student complaints should be handled internally. If a complaint cannot be resolved at the University level, students may file a complaint with the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board.  

Filing Complaints with the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA)

NC-SARA provides a voluntary, regional approach to state oversight of postsecondary distance education. The student should begin the complaint process with the institution and if a resolution is not found, the student would contact the Institution’s Home State SARA Portal Entity,

Filing Complaints with the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)

In order to file a complaint with the University’s accreditor, students may review the complaint procedures on the SACSCOC's FAQs page and complete the complaint form.

Filing Complaints with the U.S. Department of Education related to the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)

All student complaints related to FERPA should be handled through the WTAMU Office of the Registrar. If a complaint cannot be resolved, students may file a complaint with the U.S. Department of Education.

Complaints State by State