Harrington Academic Hall FAQs

What courses are being offered at the WTAMU Amarillo Center?

View the class schedule.

How do I apply for admission?

Visit the Office of Admissions for eligibility requirements and application forms. Once the application and accompanying fees have been submitted, prospective students should arrange to send transcripts from all institutions of higher education they have attended along with graduate test scores, if pursing post-baccalaureate work, to the Office of Admissions, West Texas A&M University, WTAMU Box 60907, Canyon, Texas 79016.

What are the deadlines for admission or registration?

In most cases, students who meet admission eligibility requirements will be considered for and granted admission any time leading up to the first day of classes. However, to ensure space availability in courses and programs—some of which are competitive and, therefore, limited—prospective students should apply for admission and register for courses as early as possible.

Where should I park, and are parking permits required at the Amarillo Center?

Parking permits are required at the Harrington Academic Hall WTAMU Amarillo Center just like they are required on the Canyon campus, and you use the same permit. Student parking is available in the lot southwest of the building on 8th and Harrison. Handicap and client parking is located in the lot attached to the west side of the building. If you need a temporary parking pass, please visit the University Police Department's office on the 1st floor in Suite 192.

View the parking map.

Can I still take courses at the University’s campus in Canyon?

Yes, students who are admitted to the WTAMU Amarillo Center are also eligible to enroll in courses at the campus in Canyon. Conversely, if you are enrolled in courses at the Canyon campus, you are also eligible to enroll in classes at the Amarillo Center. You may also take online courses in addition to courses that you take either in Amarillo or Canyon.

Is academic advising or assistance with course selection available?

Yes. Selection of courses may be made in consultation with an academic adviser. You can contact an adviser at or 806-651-5300.

Where do I get my books?

Textbooks for all courses at the Harrington Academic Hall WTAMU Amarillo Center will be available online or may be picked up at the University Bookstore in Canyon or Amarillo. Please visit the University Bookstore website to order textbooks and class materials.

Are there food and drinks available in the building?

Food and drinks can be purchased in the WTAMU Amarillo Center Bookstore located on the first floor just inside the Tyler Street entrance. Vending machines are located in the basement by the computer lab.