- US Federal Government
- From ilp2, a merger between the Internet Public Library and Librarians' Internet Index (LII). May browse all of the excellent 185 resources or focus on Executive Branch, Judicial Branch (courts), Legislative Branch, or US Military. Advanced features available for keyword searches.
- Government Information Resources
- Part of the University of California Riverside's INFOMINE project. Indexes and annotates 1300 of the most useful government Web sites. Federal, state (much California) and some international sites. Searchable. May limit results to Free Resource Access.
- Intended to provide "one-stop access to all online U.S. Federal Government resources." Includes links to state, local, and tribal governments under the tab for Find Government Agencies. You can search by keyword.
- Google: U.S. Government Search
- A subset of the overall Google search engine. Searches content located on federal, state, and local government websites.
- Catalog of U.S. Government Publications (MoCat)
- Index to print and electronic United States government items published since July 1976. Many electronic items begin around 1994. Searchable by keyword or can limit search to title, publication year, SuDoc number, depository item number, or GPO sales stock number. Note that phrases must be in quotation marks.
- GPO MetaLib
- For reports, articles, and citations. Has over 50 federal government information resources, but is still growing. You may link directly to a database, search pre-selected QuickSets subject groups, or create your own set of databases. First-time users will benefit from the "brief" and "detailed" search information under the Basic tab.
- Browse Topics
- Sixteen broad subject groups linking to related web sites of the United States government.
- U.S. Government Information, by Topic
- From USA.gov. May browse topics or search for web sites. Also has recommendations for Audience Groups such as Veterans or College Students.
- Explore Government Documents
- From the University of Michigan. Extensive collection of links to federal government information. May view entire list or choose one of 12 broad subjects.
- The Federal Web Locator
- Intended as a one-stop shopping point for federal government information. Organized by branch of government and then alphabetically by agency name. Unannotated, but very thorough. Searchable.
- Federal Agency Directory (Louisiana State University)
- Includes links, but no annotations, to United States agency web sites. Emphasis on parent organizations. Organized along the lines of the United States Government Manual. Searchable.
- A-Z Index of U.S. Government Departments and Agencies
- From USA.gov. May browse extensive list. Also includes state resources.
- Government Catalogs, Indexes, and Databases
- From the University of North Texas Libraries. Good source for indexes of government publications.
- U.S. Government Documents Ready Reference Collection
- Ready reference titles, most of which can be accessed for free over the Internet. Each entry includes title, web format, frequency or date, and sometimes SuDoc number.
Any questions? Ask a Librarian, or call us at 806/651-2205.