European Union (EU)
- Europa, The European Union On-line
- Find news, goals and policies, official records such as green and white papers, and information on institutions such as the European Parliament and the Euro Central Bank.
- State Department - European Union
- Includes highlights of recent US-EU talks, fact sheets, press releases, remarks of various leaders, and an archive that covers 2001-2009.
- The United States Mission to the European Union
- Learn about our Ambassador's activities working with the European Union
- The European Union in the United States
- Geared towards teaching Americans about the European Union. From the EU Delegation to the US.
- Find some free information here on labor, population, and other statistics. Eurostat is the European Union's statistical service.
- European Union - University of Michigan
- Research guide from the University of Michigan.
- European Union - Duke University
- Online guide from Duke University.
- United Nations
- Official home page of the United Nations.
- North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO)
- Headquartered in Brussels, NATO has both civil and military organizations and agencies between the United States and various countries of Europe.
- U.S. Department of State
- The Department of State manages the executive side of our international relations. One division of interest is the Bureau of European and Eurasian Affairs where you can find information on individual countries.
- U.S. Senate Committee on Foreign Relations
- This site includes hearings, press releases, and legislation regarding foreign relations.
- House of Representatives Committee on Foreign Affairs
- Like its Senate counterpart, this site has hearings, legislation, and press releases.
- Library of Congress - Country Studies
- This website contains the online versions of books previously published (1988-1998) by the Federal Research Division of the Library of Congress, sponsored by the U.S. Department of Army. 101 countries and regions are covered. Notable omissions include Canada, France, the United Kingdom, and other Western nations. Also has brief, more up-to-date Country Profiles on select countries.
- CIA - World Factbook
- Summaries of country information can be found here. For historical editions before 1990, visit the Cornette Library Government Documents Unit.
- Department of State - Bilateral Relations Fact Sheets
- These documents provide a study of country population, economy, culture and other information. Former title: Background Notes.
- The Bureau of Consular Affairs
- The Bureau provides travel warnings, public announcements and consular information sheets. Search the name of the country you want information on.
Business in Europe
- The Euro
- From the European Commission, Economic and Financial Affairs.
- Euro Foreign Exchange Reference Rates
- From the European Central Bank.
- Information on international trade for U.S. businesses. Provides tariff ratesand other information.
Any questions? Ask a Librarian, or call us at 806/651-2205.