European Union (EU)
- Europa, The European Union On-line
- This is the home page for the European Union. Here you can find news, goals and policies, official records such as green and white papers, and information on institutions such as the European Parliament and the Euro Central Bank.
- State Department European Union Home Page
- Includes highlights of recent US-EU talks, fact sheets, press releases, remarks of various leaders, and an archive that goes back to 2000.
- The United States Mission to the European Union
- Learn about our Ambassador's activities working with the European Union
- The European Union in the United States
- This is a less official cite that is geared toward teaching Americans about the European Union
- Find some free information here on labor, population, and other statistics. Eurostat is the European Union's statistical service.
- SOSIG Foreign Policy of the European Union
- SOSIG is the Social Science Information Gateway is a freely available Internet service which provides high quality Internet information for researchers in the social sciences, business and law. It is part of the UK Resource Discovery Network.
- Duke University's EU Web Guide
- Duke University has a well indexed Web guide that focuses on all aspects of the European Union.
- United Nations
- Official home page of the United Nations.
- North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO)
- Headquartered in Brussels, NATO has both civil and military organizations and agencies between the United States and various countries of Europe.
- U.S. Department of State
- The Department of State manages the executive side of our international relations. One division of interest is the Bureau of European and Eurasian Affairs where you can find information on individual countries
- U.S. Senate Committee on Foreign Relations
- This site includes hearings, press releases, and legislation regarding foreign relations.
- House of Representatives Committee on International Relations
- Like its Senate counterpart, this site has hearings, legislation, and press releases.
- Library of Congress Country Studies
- This website contains the on-line versions of books previously published by the Federal Research Division of the Library of Congress sponsored by the U.S. Department of Army. 102 countries and regions are covered. Notable omissions include Canada, France, the United Kingdom, and other Western nations.
- CIA World Factbook
- Summaries of country information can be found here.
- Department of State Background Notes
- This document provides a study of country population, economy, culture and other information.
- The Bureau of Consular Affairs
- The Bureau provides travel warnings, public announcements and consular information sheets. Select a letter to the country you want information on.
- SOSIG European Nation Foreign Policy
- This is a separate listing of sources on individual country foreign policies, rather than the EU foreign policy.
- SOSIG Eurostudies
- This listing lets you select information by country, on more than foreign policy.
- University of Michigan's Foreign Government Web Guide
- Here is a nice collection of links to European government Web sites put together by the University of Michigan.
- Yahoo Government Directory
- Here is a listing of countries that provides quick links to information on the Web.
Business in Europe
- Find information on the Euro, including conversion rates.
- Safe Harbor
- From the Department of Commerce, "Safe Harbor" gives American business help in following The European Commission's Directive on Data Protection.
- European Standards Information
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) in the Commerce department provides information on European Standards.
- Trade Information Center
- This site covers Western Europe and provides tariff rates and other information.
Any questions? Ask a Librarian, or call us at 806/651-2205.