- American FactFinder
- Central source for demographic, economic, and geographic data from the Census Bureau. Tips and tutorials are available from the U.S Census. See also free recorded webinars from the GPO (Government Printing Office) and the U.S. Census Bureau
- 2010 Census
- Has Population Finder; Press and Media; and Census Briefs and Reports. Use "See More" feature to find resources such as Look at Your Community (down to the block level); Guide to State and Local Census Geography; and 2010 Census Demographic Profiles.
- Census 2000
- News and reports on the 2000 census.
- 1990 Census
- Statistics from the 1990 census.
- United States Historical Census Data Browser
- Covers Census statistics from 1790 to 1960. Choose the year and then data needed.
- Regional Economic Data (Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts)
- Scroll down to Texas Regional Reports to browse to “Select A County/Region.” Has overview of population, income, jobs, wages, and education trends of the 12 economic regions in Texas. Overview of region also includes specific county data. The Regional Economic Data (text only) is easy to view and user-friendly.
- Texas Population Projections Program (Texas State Data Center)
- Population projections for Texas counties and the state as a whole from 2015 through 2050.
- Texas State Data Center
- Part of a national network, the TSDC is Texas' "official source of demographic, economic, and social statistics produced by the Census Bureau." State Data Centers provide training and technical assistance for anyone interested in finding and using the data: local governments, the business community, and the general public.
- Texas in Focus: Regional Reports (Comptroller of Public Accounts)
- Links to 7 geographical regions in Texas. For each region, the report has a demographics report (publication date varies from 2008 to 2010).
- Statistical Insight (WTAMU only)
- This database from ProQuest provides indexing, abstracting, and selected full-text for U.S. government statistical publications including: select tables from U.S. government and business reports (1999 - present); U.S. Federal statistical publications (coverage from 1973); International statistical publications from the UN, EU, OECD, etc. (coverage from 1983); and U.S. state government, business, and research institute statistical publications (coverage from 1980).
- Statistical Resources on the Web: Demographics
- For statistics on Population, Social, Economic Characteristics, Poverty. Very thorough guide to finding demographic and housing statistics online.
- Government Information: Statistics on Education
- Links to United States and Texas resources with statistics on elementary, secondary, and post-secondary education.
- A central site intended to to provide easy access to statistics provided by more than 100 federal agencies which produce statistics of interest to the public. Search by keyword.
- U.S. Census Bureau
- The Census Bureau strives to collect timely, relevant, and quality data about the people and economy of the United States. Search by keyword or browse lists of available subjects.