We are committed to making our information resources available to the members of the community. Below are services that we provide to those not a member of the university.
Borrowing Library Materials
You may obtain borrowing privileges by obtaining:
- A TexShare Card
- You can obtain a TexShare card for free from your local library. When you have a TexShare card, you may check out 20 items for 21 days.
- A Friends of the Cornette Library Card
- You may purchase a Friends of the Cornette Library card allowing you to borrow 15 items for 120 days.
For more information on borrowing privileges, please see our Borrowing Library Materials webpage.
Need help finding resources or battling technology? We provide research assistance. For research assistance:
Collaborate with Cornette Library
Cornette Library welcomes the opportunity to work with your students and help them explore resources, construct meaning from those resources, and learn information literacy skills.
Instructional Resources Center (IRC)
The IRC has K-12 textbooks adopted by the State of Texas for its public schools, as well as books for creating lesson plans and activities for the classroom. These are all available for checkout.
You can book the following study rooms online:
After booking, just come to the Research & Access Desk to check-in.
Location and Directions
Cornette Library is located at the corner of University Drive and 26th street on the West Texas A&M University campus in Canyon, Texas.
Parking is available at all unpainted curbs. You may also get a Visitor's Permit from the JBK Student Center or University Parking Services. The permit will allow you to park in any zone except handicapped, loading, and reserved spaces.
- Visitor parking, Zone 7 near Buffalo Courts and the library
- Visitor parking, Zone 12 near Mary Moody, JBK, and the Fieldhouse