Nursing (R.N. to B.S.N.)
For more information, contact:
Dr. Marietta Branson
program accreditation and CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
WTAMU provides a quality RN to B.S.N. Nursing Program, which is fully accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). The program is approved through the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board and the Texas Board of Nursing.
Career benefits of the B.S.N. degree to a Registered Nurse include:
- Advancement into management and other healthcare leadership positions
- Opportunities for higher wages and higher level nursing positions
- Opportunities in more diverse fields, such as risk management and quality assurance
- More potential for employment across the state and nationally
- Preparation for a Master of Science in Nursing educational program
PLAN OF STUDY and information Documents
More detailed information about R.N. to B.S.N.
RN to B.S.N. Handbook
WTAMU RN to BSN HIGHLIGHTS
- The RN to B.S.N. program is flexible for a working nurse.
- Courses can be completed in one academic year, or the registered nurse can set a longer completion rate.
- Students can begin coursework before each semester (SP, SU, or FA).
- Courses can be taken as offered.
- The RN to B.S.N. program is accessible through an online delivery system. There will be practicum experiences (demonstrating the new knowledge) acquired throughout the program.
- The RN to B.S.N program is affordable through the Special Package Price Tuition Rebate (for those students who qualify), or a good standard tuition and fees cost.
RN to B.S.N. graduates are awarded a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N.) degree.
Median wage (WTAMU B.S.N.) - $40,000-$60,000
Median wage (US) - $50,000
RN to B.S.N. admission
Eligible RN to B.S.N. applicants will:
WTAMU offers a good value in standard tuition and fees. Please access the cost calculator below to see specific costs.
WTAMU Nursing Department also offers a Special Tuition Rebate with a Package Cost of $6,950 for the RN to BSN nursing courses to in-state residents who qualify.
Core academic and additional nursing pre-requisite courses (including NURS 3304) are not included in the Special Tuition Rebate, RN to MSN students do not qualify for the Special Tuition Rebate program.