|Recreational Pool |
Bring the kids for a day at the recreation pool equipped with a water slide, lazy river and vortex pool.
For more information regarding group rentals, please call the Virgil Henson Activities Center Information Desk, Monday through Friday between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. The Information Desk's phone number is (806)651-2323.
Mission Statement The mission of the West Texas A&M University recreational pool is to provide all patrons with a variety of aquatic activities that are safe and enjoyable for all ages in a clean and wholesome environment.
Printable schedule to include detailed hours and areas
|Fall and spring semester hours |
|Monday-Thursday: || |
8-9 p.m. (WTAMU students only)
|Friday: ||12:30-8 p.m. |
|Saturday and Sunday: ||2-8 p.m. |
|winter and spring intersession hours |
|Monday-Friday: ||2-8 p.m. |
|Saturday and Sunday: ||Closed |
|Monday-Friday: ||12:00-8 p.m. |
|Saturday-Sunday: ||2-8 p.m. |
All physical activities offered by Recreational Sports and the VHAC carry various degrees of risk or injury. Participants assume sole responsibility for any and all such risk or injury that may result due to voluntary participation. It is each individual's responsibility to be knowledgeable of his/her own physical condition to participate in any of the activities.
Recreational Pool Policies
- All users of the swimming pool are required to check-in at the pool office with a valid Buffalo Gold Card or guest pass.
- Cut-offs or swim suits with any kind of buttons are prohibited from entering the pool.
- Showers are required before entering the pool.
- Individuals with any type of bandage or tape on their body are prohibited from entering the pool.
- Smoking will not be permitted in the VHAC or in the pool area.
- Rough play, shoving or general horseplay in the pool or on the deck is prohibited.
- No running or tag games in the pool or on the deck.
- No food, drinks or gum are allowed in the pool except for bottled water.
- Breakable objects are not permitted in the pool area.
- Profane language or any type of behavior annoying to other swimmers is prohibited.
- There will be no visiting or unnecessary talking to lifeguards on duty.
- Teaching, maintenance and safety equipment are off limits! Only instructors, maintenance personnel and lifeguards are to handle this equipment.
- Lifeguards are not allowed to keep items for a person using the pool area.
- Scuba diving is prohibited during regular hours.
- Parents should not allow small children to run free on the deck or be alone in the pool area.
- No dives or flips off the edge of the pool. This applies to the entire pool area.
- Water guns, rafts or large flotation devices are not allowed. Any child wearing a flotation device should be within an arms distance from a supervising adult. Anyone wearing a flotation device of any type will not be permitted to use the slide.
- Children still in diapers MUST wear swim diapers.
- The VHAC recommends that children or anyone that may not be a strong swimmer report this to the lifeguards. Children should always have a parent or guardian's supervision.
- Anyone using the slide must be 42 inches tall.
- At the first sign of lightning or thunder the pool will close and then re-open approximately 30 minutes after the lightning has passed.