Complaint Process

West Texas A&M University does its best to provide students and other members of the University community with an unbiased outlet for concerns as they pertain to the University’s policies and procedures.  Formal procedures for specific types of complaints may be found in the Code of Student Life. Anyone may initiate the formal complaint process by using the Online Complaint Form.  The complete complaint process is illustrated in the Complaint Process Flow Chart. If you have questions about any aspect of the complaint process, contact:

Office of Student Affairs
Jack B. Kelley Student Center
Suite 102
WTAMU Box 60775
Canyon, TX 79016
Phone: (806) 651-2050
Fax: (806) 651-2926

Filing Complaints with the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board

All student complaints should be handled internally. If a complaint cannot be resolved at the University level, students may file a complaint with the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board

Filing Complaints with the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA)

NC-SARA provides a voluntary, regional approach to state oversight of postsecondary distance education. The student should begin the complaint process with the institution and if resolution is not found, the student would contact the Institution’s Home State SARA Portal Entity,

Filing Complaints with the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)

In order to file a complaint with the University’s accreditor, students may complete the SACSCOC Complaint Form.