Citing Internet and Print Sources
Check our citation resources for samples of the most used cited sources, including APA, MLA, and Chicago (Turabian) style.
APA Style Guides
- Style and Grammar Guidelines (APA)
- Guide to APA style.
- Frequently Asked Questions about APA Style, 7th edition (APA)
- FAQs concerning the APA style.
MLA Style Guides
- Using MLA Format (MLA)
- A guide to MLA style.
- Ask the MLA (MLA)
- FAQs of the MLA style.
- Turabian Quick Guide (University of Chicago Press)
- Official web site for the 7th edition of the Turabian manual. Includes examples for both the note/bibliography style and the parenthetical reference/reference list style.
- Turabian Citation Guide (Ohio State University)
- Citation examples for books, journal articles, and Internet resources. Shows both the scientific (author-date system) and humanities (notes-bibliography) versions of Turabian style.
- Turabian Bibliographic Form: Parenthetical Reference and Footnote/Endnote Style (Georgetown University)
- Guide and examples of how to do both in-text parenthetical references and notes in Turabian.
- Citing Electronic Information in History Papers (Maurice Crouse, The University of Memphis)
- Individual Works.
- Parts of Works.
- Periodicals and Journals.
- Newspapers and Magazines.
- Abstracts and Reviews of Individual Works.
- Abstracts and Reviews of Periodicals and Journals.
- Electronic Mail (Personal).
- Electronic Conferences, Interest Groups, Newsgroups (Usenet), and Lists.
- Searches in Online Library Catalogs and Databases.
- Government and Legal Documents.
Additional Style Guides
- AMA Style Guide (University of Washington)
- Based on the American Medical Association Manual of Style 9th edition, 1998. Provides examples for citing the basic book, journal, and online sources.
- The Bluebook - A Uniform System of Citation, Eighteenth Edition
- Attorneys use The Bluebook to cite case law.
- Council of Science Editors (CSE) Citation Guide (UWM)
- A common guide used by scientific and technical journals. Based on the Scientific Style and Format: The CSE Manual for Authors, Editors, and Publishers, 8th edition, 2014.
- The Chicago Manual of Style Online
- Quick guide for basic source types.
- Legal Citations
- A guide on how to cite legal cases and articles found in law journals.
- Citing Government Information (Cornette Library Government Documents)
- A guide to citing government information found on the Internet. Based on The Complete Guide to Citing Government Information Resources: A Manual for Writers and Librarians (Revised Edition). Also includes links to other citation guides for government information.