Borrowing Library Materials
Getting a Library Card
West Texas A&M University students, faculty, staff, and retirees are automatically registered to check out library material with your Buffalo Gold Card. You must have your Buffalo Gold Card with you and present it at the Research & Access Desk in order to check out materials. Other options are available for Friends of the Cornette Library and library users with TexShare cards. Special cards are issued to the Destination WT and Amarillo High School International Baccalaureate students.
|User Group||Loan Period||# of Books||# of Renewals|
|Undergraduate Students, AHS Intl. Bacc., Destination WT, Contract Labor||21 days||100||5|
|Faculty, Retired Faculty, Faculty Emeriti, PTI, Staff, Retired Staff||120 days||100||3|
|Friends of the Cornette Library||120 days||15 total, 5 IRC||3|
|Graduate Students, GA, TA, RA, AAC, Thesis||120 Days||100||0 Books due at end of semester (5/15, 8/15, 12/15)|
|TexShare, Camps, Continuing Ed., Visiting Scholars||21 days||20 total, 5 IRC||5|
- Staff, Retired Staff, Grad Stud., Affiliates, & Dependents
- Undergrads, AHS Intl. Bacc., Destination WT, Distance Ed., & Contract Labor
- Faculty, Retired Faculty, Faculty Emeriti, PTIs, TAs, GAs, RAs, AACs, & Thesis
- Texshare, Camps, Continuing Ed., & Visiting Scholars
- Friends Level 1
- Friends Level 2
- Supporting, Sustaining, Patron, Benefactor, & Lifetime
Cornette Library Materials
You may return Cornette Library items by:
- Handing your items to the Research & Access staff at the Research & Access desk,
- Dropping your items into the book return slots on the east side of the desk, or
- Dropping your items into the outside book return located on the library's east side near the top of the ramp.
Special care should be taken when returning pamphlets, CD's, and oversize books. Please return these in person and hand them to a member of the Research & Access staff. Likewise, books that may have been damaged while in your possession should be returned in person. This same procedure should be followed when you have been allowed to check out fragile items.
Items Borrowed Using a Cornette Library Issued TexShare Card
If you checked out library material from another library using a Cornette Library issued TexShare card, please return those items within the loan period to the library your borrowed them from by:
- Returning the item in person to the lending library
- Mailing the item to the lending library using first class, insured mail.
The patron is responsible to the lending library for costs associated with postage and/or lost or damaged materials. Cornette Library has the right to place administrative restrictions on WTAMU records for materials that are not properly returned to the lending library.
Interlibrary Loan Materials
Library materials obtained through Interlibrary Loan should be returned to the drop box at the ILL Counter. If you are returning materials outside of regular business hours, please give them directly to the Research & Access Services Desk.