Connecting from Off-Campus
The many different databases we make available to everyone on campus --citation databases, full-text journals, the library catalog, and much more-- are also available to WTAMU students, faculty, and staff from off campus.
To use any of these databases from off campus, just log in through the Single Sign-On with the same WTAMU user name and password as you use for other WT services.
If you have any problems, please call us at (806) 651-2215 or email a librarian if we're closed.
Databases & Online Resources
Databases of journal articles, reference materials, online journals, newspaper articles, etc. Links to our databases are available by subject category and by title. Due to license restrictions, most of the Cornette Library's databases are only available to WTAMU faculty/staff/students from off-campus.
- Check our FAQ
- Call the Research & Access Desk, at (806) 651-2215 during the hours the library is open or report the problem using Email a Librarian.
Your Library Account
The Your Account feature of our online catalog allows you to:
- see what books and other library materials you have checked out,
- renew them if they are not overdue,
- place a hold on a book that is checked out,
- see what holds you have already requested,
- see what fines and fees you have acquired,
- save searches to be automatically run at regular intervals,
- save records to your favorites list,
- and set preferences to be in effect whenever you are logged in.
To log in, click on the link in the upper right corner of either the library home page or the catalog.
Check with the staff at the Research & Access Desk or call (806) 651-2215. Items may not be renewed if they are overdue or lost. Students may not renew their library materials beyond the end of the semester (i.e., May 15, August 15, and December 15). Library patrons with 120-day check-out privileges may only renew their books three (3) times. Patrons with 21-day check-out privileges may only renew their books five (5) times. You may also be blocked from renewing books if:
- Maximum number of renewals has occurred,
- You owe fines/fees amounting to $5.00 or more,
- Your library materials are past due,
- Another patron has placed a hold (asked to to check out the item as soon as you return it) on the book,
- Or the item, such as course reserves or videotapes, is not allowed to be renewed
Electronic Course Reserves
Electronic Course Reserves (e-reserves) are supplementary course reading materials from your professors. For copyright reasons, access is restricted to students and faculty of West Texas A&M University.
- Check our E-Reserves information page
- Contact us using Email a Librarian.