Search Box for Finding Articles
Articles can be found in newspapers, magazines, and scholarly sources. Understanding the difference helps determine when it is appropriate to use different articles. In general, articles are the source of choice when you need:
- Current research information.
- Current news.
- In-depth coverage on a single, complex issue.
Online Journals and Databases
For many, being able to retrieve material online is preferred. The Discover search on the library home page automatically finds online sources, such as journal articles, but it also finds e-books, print books in the library and a variety of other types of sources. You can search most of what the library has to offer in this one box.
You can also search in an individual database by choosing one from the list.
Print journals, magazines, and newspapers
- Current issues of popular magazines and newspapers are on the first floor near the Pippa statue.
- Older issues of popular material, as well as academic/scholarly publications are on the second floor.
- Some older material is available only on microfilm. Reels and readers are all on the second floor of the library.