West Texas A&M University - Home
Study Abroad Passport

Apply or Renew Passport

To apply for a passport (Form DSP-11), or renew your passport (Form DSP-82), visit the U.S. Department of State to download the appropriate forms.

Search the database of more than 4,500 locations nationwide to submit your application or renewal, or make an appointment with the post office in Canyon or any post office in Amarillo.

DO NOT sign the application form until you meet with the official at the post office, they must witness your signature.

You will need the following at your appointment:

  1. Application printed but not signed.
  2. Certified copy of your birth certificate (can be purchased at the county court house if you were born in Texas).
  3. Driver’s license or state-issued identification with picture.
  4. Two recent, identical photographs. These must be 2” by 2” and meet the specifications for official passport photos (snapshots generally do not work). You can purchase these photos at a number of places like Walgreens, CVS pharmacy or directly at the post office.
  5. Social security number (you will not need your card).
  6. Address, birth date and place of birth, parents birth date and place of birth and spouse’s birth date and place of birth.
  7. Payment for your passport will range depending on whether you request standard or expedited processing. 
You renew by mail if:
  • Your passport was issued within the last 15 years
  • You were more than 16 years of age when it was issued
  • Your name is the same as it reads on the passport
  • If you do not meet these requirements, you must apply in person using the steps outlined above.