Bachelors of Business Administration (B.B.A.) - Online Courses Frequently Asked Questions


Admissions Questions

Advising Questions

Cost/Financial Aid Questions

Graduation Questions

Program Questions

Technology Questions

Other Questions



Admissions Questions

How do I apply?

New students should apply using the Apply Texas web site at  You can learn more about the admissions process by calling the WT Admissions Office at 806-651-2020 or visiting the admissions web page.


What are the admission requirements for West Texas A&M University?

The admission requirements are outlined for freshman and transfer students on the admissions web page.


I have completed coursework at another institution.  Will my credits transfer to West Texas A&M University, and can someone tell me how my credits will transfer?

Advising Services has compiled a list of resources for transfer students (including a list of frequently asked questions for transfer students), and can also help prospective students to determine how their credits will transfer.  You can contact Advising Services at 806-651-5300, or by email at


Return to Top



Advising Questions

I've been admitted.  Now what should I do?

All new students are first advised by Advising Services at West Texas A&M University.  Please contact their office at 806-651-5300 to set up an appointment for advising.  Be sure to let them know that you are an online student. 


What is "greenlighting", and how do I get "greenlighted"?

"Greenlighting" happens after a student meets with their academic adviser each semester, and this gives student the "green light" to register for classes in Buff Advisor.  All students must be "greenlighted" every semester prior to registration. 


What courses do I need to take to earn my degree?

A student's degree plan is the best resource for knowing what courses to take to earn a specific degree.  Students will request an official degree plan as a part of the advising process, and must request a degree plan after earning 45 hours.  New and prospective students can see a list of courses needed to earn their degree using a degree checklist and curriculum guide, and can learn more by reading the academic catalog.


How do I request an official degree plan?

Once a Paul and Virginia Engler College of Business student has been admitted to the University, they apply for an official degree plan using the online degree plan request form

Where do I go to register for classes?

Students register online in Buff Advisor.  You can access this site by logging in to the Buff Portal.


Return to Top



Cost/Financial Aid Questions

What is the cost to attend West Texas A&M University?

Information about the cost of attendance can be found on the Business Office web page.  Also, the University has developed an interactive Cost Estmator that can help you answer this question.


How do I apply for financial aid?

More information about the financial aid process at West Texas A&M University can be found on the Financial Aid Office web page.  Generally, the first step is to fill out the FAFSA, the Free Application for Federal Student Aid.  More information about financial aid can be obtained by  calling the financial aid office at 806-651-2055 at


How do I apply for Scholarships?

The Scholarship Office at West Texas A&M University administers all scholarships.  You can contact the Scholarship Office at 806-651-3330, or email them at  You can apply for scholarships using the Online Scholarship Application.  Make sure to apply for scholarships by December 1st for the early action deadline or February 1st for the priority deadline.


Return to Top



Graduation Questions

I am an online student.  Can I participate in the graduation ceremony?

Yes, and the faculty and staff encourage you to participate, though your participation is not required.  Ceremonies are held in May (Spring), August (Summer), and December (Fall).


How do I apply for graduation?

Students should apply for graduation using the online Graduation Application.  Please be aware of the following deadlines:

  • Deadline for fall graduation: August 1
  • Deadline of spring graduation: December 1
  • Deadline for summer graduation: May 1


Where can I purchase graduation Regalia?

You can purchase all Regalia for graduation from the University Bookstore.  You can purchase online from the bookstore website, or you can contact them by phone at 806-651-2744.


How can I purchase a class ring?

You can order a class ring online from Herff Jones.  Students can also participate in the WTAMU Ring Ceremony.  If you have questions, please contact the Alumni Association at 806-651-2311.


Return to Top



Program Questions

Is WTAMU an accredited university?

Yes.  West Texas A&M University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, and the Paul and Virginia Engler College of Business is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). 


What majors are available for the online B.B.A. offered by the Paul and Virginia Engler College of Business?

The Paul and Virginia Engler College of Business offers the following majors online:

  1. B.B.A. in Economics (with specialization in Law & Economics)
  2. General Business - Areas of Study for General Business include
    • Supply Chain Management
    • Marketing
    • Management
    • Finance
    • Economics
    • Computer Information Systems
    • Business Law and Communications
  3. B.B.A. in Management
  4. B.B.A. in Marketing
  5. B.B.A. in Finance


Can all of the courses I need to earn my degree be earned online?

Yes, but not all courses are offered online every semester.  Students can ask their faculty adviser for information on when courses are typically offered online.


If I am earning my degree online, could I take a course on campus?

Yes.  Students can take courses exclusively online, or can choose to take both on-campus and online courses to complete the degree requirements.


How long do courses last?

Fall and spring classes last 15 weeks, and summer courses last 5 ½ or 8 weeks.  The academic calendar can be found on the Registrar’s web page.


Return to Top



Technology Questions

Where do I go online to access WTClass/Buff Advisor/Student Email?

From the University Home Page, click on the button "My Buff Portal" to access these and other student resources. 


How do I navigate WTClass/Buff Advisor/Student Email?

IT has compiled a Student Technology Support Portal that can help to answer your technology questions. 


Who do I contact if I have technology issues or need to reset my password?

You can contact the Help Desk by phone at 806-651-HELP (4357) or by email at


Return to Top



Still Have Questions?

We are happy to help!  Contact the Office of Undergraduate Business Programs by phone at 806-651-2525, or by email at


Return to Top

Classroom Center 216 | West Texas A&M University | WTAMU Box 60768 | Canyon, Texas 79016 | (806) 651-2530