Who is a Transfer Student?
A student who has attended an institution of higher learning (college or university) beyond high school but does not have a completed university degree. Students who have an associate degree and will continue into a U.S. bachelors degree, are also considered transfer students.
- Submit Texas Common Application and pay $75 application fee (Online)
- Submit official transcripts to a university approved Foreign Credential Evaluation Service*
*not required for U.S. transcripts
- Submit foreign credential evaluation report and transcripts to International Student Office
Transfer students from U.S. institutions:
- Must have a minimum GPA of 2.0/4.0 grade scale
- Meet all admission requirements into the desired degree program
- Complete an immigration transfer form to determine F-1 status
- Submit copies of passport bio page, visa, current I-20 and front and back of I-94 card
- TOEFL/IELTS and SAT/ACT is not required for students transferring from U.S. institutions
Transfer students from foreign institutions:
- Must have the equivalent of a 2.0/4.0 GPA when home grade scale is converted to the U.S. grade scale system
- Must meet all admission requirements into the desired degree program
- TOEFL or IELTS are required only for students from non U.S. institutions. View required test scores.
- Course descriptions in English for each course to be transferred to WTAMU
How is transfer credit determined?
Transfer credit from a U.S. college/university is determined by the Admissions Office through course descriptions and common course codes.
How do I apply for a visa?
You will need an I-20 form for use in the visa application process. Once you are notified of admission, you will be asked to submit proof of finances for your first year of studies to receieve an I-20 form. Below are the steps:
- Submit a personal bank letter or statement (Example of Bank Letter). See Tuition Information
- If not self supporting, submit sponsor's financial statement along with the sponsor's bank statement
- Once we recieve financial proof, an I-20 form will be issued
- You will use the information on the I-20 form to make a visa appointment
Are there other requirements?
Vacinations - The bacterial meningitis vaccination is required of all students attending WTAMU. Please submit required Bacterial Meningitis Form as proof of vannination.
Texas Sucess Initiative (TSI) - Foreign applicants will meet TSI requirements (unless exempt) once they are admitted and arrive on campus.
Athletes - Please be aware there are NCAA requirements that must be met to play sports at WTAMU. Meeting NCAA eligibility is a separate process from the applicaiton/admission process. Please work with your coach to apply for and meet NCAA eligibility reequirements.
Who do I contact if I need assistance with the applicaiton/admission process?
International Admission Coordinator
E-mail - email@example.com
Phone - 806-651-2073
Fax - 806-651-2071