Spring 2015 International Student Orientation
Please check this page frequently for updates to orientation schedule
Arrive by: Tuesday, January 13, 2015
- Contact the Int'l Students Office with arrival plans
- Pick Up Service can be arranged with advance notice if provided no later than Monday Jan. 5th
- Flight information is required to schedule pick up service
- To provide notice please email email@example.com
Residence Halls Open: Tuesday, January 13th (For New Int'l Students)
- Student must have applied for and received residential assignment prior to check in
- Apply for Residential Living
Full-time students who are under 21 years of age and who have accrued fewer than 60 post high school credits hours are required to live in University housing.
- Students who arrive prior to January 13th may seek temporary arrangements at a local hotel
Report to the International Student Office on Tuesday, January 13th .
Location: Old Student Union Building (Old SUB), Room 107B, Please bring the following:
- I-20 form
- Any outstanding items listed on admission letter
- Emergancy contact information is needed upon check in at the Int'l Office. This includes: (Name, address, phone number, email) of the person we need to contact in case of medical emergancy in your home country AND in the U.S. if there is one. You will be asked to complete an emergancy form at check in. Please be ready with this information.
Testing, Advising and Registration: Wednesday January 14th
- Testing (freshmen and transfers); unless TSI exempt
- Meet with academic advisors for schedule of classes
Special Interest Sessions: Thursday January 15th at 8am (Mandatory)
- Immigration Status and your F-1 visa
- Healthcare and Medical Insurance Requirements
- Social Security, Texas Indentificaiton and Texas Driver's License
- Employment and Internships
- Buff Portal System (Registration)
- Special interest sessions for ALL new international students - (Registration Form)
New Student Orientation Friday January 16th (8am-3pm)
- Required for all new freshmen and transfer students (Registration Form)
- Graduate students - not requried
Classes Begin: Tuesday January 20, 2015
Please Note: Proof of a bacterial meningitis immiunization is required prior to checking into the residence halls. Students who have recently taken the vaccination must have taken it at least 10 days prior to their desired move in date. For information about this requirement, please visit the information page "Bacterial Meningitis Information."