Fall 2014 International Student Orientation
Please check this page frequently for updates to orientation schedule
*A detailed schedule of orientation events will be e-mailed to you at the beginning of August 2014.
Arrive by: Monday, August 18, 2014
- Contact the Int'l Students Office with arrival plans
- Pick Up Service can be arranged with advance notice if provided no later than Aug. 11th
- Flight information is required to schedule pick up service
- To provide notice please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Residence Halls Open: Monday, August 18, 2014
- Student must have applied for and received residential assignment prior to check in
- Apply for Residential Living
Full-time students who are under 21 years of age and who have accrued fewer than 60 post high school credits hours are required to live in University housing.
- Students who arrive prior to August 18th may seek temporary arrangements at a local hotel
Report to the International Student Office on Tuesday, August 19, 2014 at 9:00 am
Location: Old Student Union Building (Old SUB), Room 107B, Please bring the following:
- I-20 form
- Any outstanding items listed on admission letter
Testing, Advising and Registration: Tuesday, August 19, 2014
- Testing (freshmen and transfers); unless TSI exempt
- Meet with academic advisors for schedule of classes
New Student Orientation: August 20th (8am-3pm)
- Required for all new freshmen and transfer students (On line Registration coming soon)
- Graduate students - not required
- Special interest sessions for ALL new internaitonal students - (On line Registration coming soon)
Buff Branding: Wednesday, August 20, 2014 (Evening)
- Designed to help new students meet others and learn about our campus culture, Buff Branding will have you involved in WT traditions, serving the community and learning what to expect and what is expected from everyone in the Buff family.
*A detailed schedule of Buff Branding will be available online after March 20, 2014.
Special Interest Sessions: Friday, August 22, 2014
- Healthcare and Medical Insurance
- Social Security, Texas Identification and Texas Driver's LIcense
- Employment and Internships
Classes Begin: Monday, August 25th
Please Note: Proof of a bacterial meningitis immiunization is required prior to checking into the residence halls. Students who have recently taken the vaccination must have taken it at least 10 days prior to their desired move in date. For information about this requirement, please visit the information page "Bacterial Meningitis Information."