When and Why Do I Need a Cover Letter?
- Other names for a cover letter include "letter of application" or "letter of interest."
- Any time you send your resume to an employer it should be accompanied by a cover letter.
- A cover letter acts as an introduction for your interest in the organization/position.
- A cover letter also stands as a sample of your writing skills, so be sure to make it the best possible sample you can.
- If you are sending your resume via email - the cover letter is the email message itself.
Following are a cover letter format as well as 3 sample cover letters for you to consider, illustrating different approaches:
Sample Cover Letter Packet
Do not copy these - yours should be unique. However, these examples should give you some ideas on formatting and style. Be creative, professional and individual!
Resume Workshop Home