How do I develop an effective Summary of Qualifications/Profile/Skills Section
- This is where you showcase for the employer what you have to offer. Keep in mind what the job entails.
- You won't put every single skill, experience, or attribute you possess here; instead, focus on what you can do to successfully perform the job.
- Tailor this section to reflect what the employer is seeking. Different positions will warrant that you create different qualifications sections.
- These are brief statements of your experience, training and/or personal abilities which summarize your skills, abilities and experience.
- Qualifications are more experience-based whereas Profiles are more personal attributes
- Complete a Job Duty/Task Analysis worksheet for each job you've held and activity with which you are or were involved.
- Refer to the lists you prepared earlier in the workshop from past jobs and activities.
We will walk you through this process - step by step on the next three pages of the workshop ...
OR, if you prefer, you can view this video (or certainly you can do both!)
Forms referenced in the video, you may want to print these out to use as you follow along the video:
Resume Workshop Home