How do I develop an effective Summary of Qualifications/Profile/Skills Section
- This is where you showcase for the employer what you have to offer. Keep in mind what the job entails.
- You won't put every single skill, experience, or attribute you possess here; instead, focus on what you can do to successfully perform the job.
- Tailor this section to reflect what the employer is seeking. Different positions will warrant that you create different qualifications sections.
- These are brief statements of your experience, training and/or personal abilities which summarize your skills, abilities and experience.
- Qualifications are more experience-based whereas Profiles are more personal attributes
- Complete a Job Duty/Task Analysis worksheet for each job you've held and activity with which you are or were involved.
- Refer to the lists you prepared earlier in the workshop from past jobs and activities.
We will walk you through this process - step by step on the next three pages of the workshop ...
OR, if you prefer, you can view this video (or certainly you can do both!)