Interviewing Workshop - Before the Interview
Know The Company
The more information you have about a prospective employer, the better prepared you will be during the Interview. Knowing about the organization's products, trends, and employment requirements are vital to your interview preparation.
Company/Organization Information - General Knowledge
- Name of company
- Growth history of company
- Anticipated growth of company Where do they rank in the industry in size and sales?
- Current problems of company Chief Competitors)
- Location and number of plants, offices, and stores of company
- Parent company
- Major activity of company
- How many employees do they have?
- What are their sales figures from last year? Projections for this year?
- Description of position for which I am applying
- Major duties of the position
- Geographical location of position
- Minimum requirements for the position
- Deadline for application and starting date of position
- Salary range
- Recent items in the news
Additionally, how do you match up with the company based on this research
- My related experience
- My indirectly related experience
- My community or school activities as they relate to the position
Career Services' website has more information to assist you with in researching companies.