On Campus Interviews
Twelve months out of the year representatives from business, industry, and government agencies visit campus to interview WTAMU students and Alumni. Click here for a current listing of companies scheduled to interview in the near future. You can learn more about the jobs for which they are interviewing by logging in to your BuffJobs account. In addition, we typically have information about these companies in our office.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ON-CAMPUS INTERVIEWING
- You must have an approved resume in BuffJobs in order to sign up for an interview. Bring the following items with you to the interview: several copies of your resume on resume paper, a copy of your transcripts, and your reference page. Be sure to read the job and interview announcements carefully to determine if the employer is requesting you bring an additional paperwork.
NO SHOW POLICY
- You must give a 24-hour cancellation notice if you are sick, have an emergency, or decide not to interview for any reason. You are considered a NO SHOW if you fail to appear for a scheduled interview at the appointed time or if you do not cancel an interview 24-hours before the interview.
- Your first NO SHOW requires an appointment with the Director of Career Services, and a letter of apology to the interviewer within five (5) days of the scheduled interview. The letter of apology, along with a stamped, addressed envelope, must be brought to the appointment for review. Until this action is completed, you will be blocked from participating in Career Services activities, including on campus interviews, mock interviews, applying for jobs through BuffJobs and attending our events. You will be unable to sign-up for additional on-campus interviews. Once your letter has been approved and sent you will be able to resume on-campus recruiting activity.
- After your second NO SHOW, you will be denied all scheduled or future interviews through Career Services.
WHO IS DOING ON-CAMPUS INTERVIEWS?
You can find out the companies that are interviewing on-campus by using the following resources:
- BuffJobs -Log into Career Services' interactive on-line job search database, BuffJobs, to view job listings, send resumes to employers and sign-up for interviews.
- Click here for the most current listing.
- Call Career Services at 806.651.2345 and ask who is interviewing on-campus.
- Stop by Career Services in the Student Success Center (Classroom Center Suite 113) and check out the on-campus interview postings.
If you have an approaching interview and you are not quite sure what to expect, check out our list of Frequently Asked Questions and questions you may want to ask the interviewer.