Full-Time Employment Assistance
As you approach graduation, our staff are committed to assisting you in implementing your career plans. While the responsibility for finding a job is ultimately yours, we will help in any way we can, not only to find a job, but to find the right job. Employers utilize Career Services to recruit graduating students and alumni for full-time positions by either interviewing on campus, accessing our Internet resume database or posting their vacancies on our system. To participate in on-campus interviews and our BuffJobs résumé database, all you have to do is sign in to your account in BuffJobs, update your demographic information and upload a résumé.
Cost of BuffJobs
- While enrolled or up to 12 months after graduation, use of BuffJobs is free of charge for WTAMU students.
- Alum that graduated more than 12 months ago simply pay a nominal access fee (call or e-mail for current fees).
- If you are a currently enrolled WTAMU student, you already have access to BuffJobs. Simply click on the BuffJobs icon on the right and follow the easy steps to log in.
- Once logged in, enter (and/or confirm) your demographic data and upload your resume.
- Within four working days of uploading your initial resume, you will be notified (via email at the address you entered as your "preferred email account") of your active status or receive our recommendations for changes to improve the effectiveness of your resume. Once you have an approved resume, subsequent documents you upload will not be reviewed by our staff unless specifically requested by you. Note that you cannot use your resume to apply for any open positions until it has been reviewed and approved by our staff.
- You can select, as part of your 'profile information,' whether or not to allow employers to view your resume on their own. If you do not want employers who are working with Career Services to be able to see your resume or to know that you are registered with our office, you can answer "NO" to the question "Allow employers to view my resume?" and your information will not be returned in any searches conducted by employers.
WHAT SERVICES ARE PROVIDED WITH
AN ACTIVE BuffJobs ACCOUNT
- With your permission, your resume will be sent to employers who contact Career & Counseling Services requesting the resumes of students who meet their specifications. For example, a business management major would have their résumé forwarded to any employer calling and requesting that major, as long as they meet all other criteria.
- You have the privilege to interview on-campus with the companies or schools for which you qualify.
- You are eligible to participate in our mock interview program once you have an approved resume. With an approved resume you can also apply for positions within the BuffJobs system, or forward it to companies attending our on campus career events such as Career EXPO.
- Your BuffJobs account will be active for one year after graduation. If you do not reactivate your account at the end of this period, it will be automatically inactivated in BuffJobs. As an alum, you will need to update your account and pay the reactivation fee if you want to continue assistance through Career Services' BuffJobs.
- We have many other services which will facilitate your job search. Many of these are detailed in the "Students & Alumni" page of our website - click the tab on the right margin to explore. We also invite you to come in, e-mail or call today for more information.
West Texas A&M University's Career & Counseling Services provides a referral service and makes no particular recommendations regarding employers. We make no representations or guarantees about positions posted by CCS. We are not responsible for safety, compensation, working conditions, or any other aspect of employment. Students are urged to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting employment.