Frequently Asked Interview Questions
- What are your long-range career goals and objectives?
- When and why did you establish these goals?
- How are you preparing yourself to achieve them?
- What specific goals, other than those related to your occupation, have you established for yourself for the next 10 years?
- What do you see yourself doing five years from now?
- What do you really want to do in life?
- What are the most important rewards you expect in your career?
- What do you expect to be earning in five years?
- Why did you choose the career for which you are preparing?
- What do you consider to be your greatest strengths and weaknesses?
- How would you describe yourself?
- How do you think a friend or a professor who knows you would describe you?
- What motivates you to put forth your greatest effort?
- How has your college experience prepared you for a career?
- Why should I hire you?
- What qualifications do you have that make you think you will be successful?
- How do you determine or evaluate success?
- What do you think it takes to be successful in a company like ours?
- In what ways do you think you can make a contribution to our organization?
- Describe the relationship that should exist between a supervisor and subordinate.
- What two or three accomplishments have given you the most satisfaction and why?
- What led you to choose your major field of study?
- If you were hiring a graduate for this position, what qualities would you look for?
- Why did you select your college or university?
- What college subjects did you like best? Why?
- If you could do so, how would you plan your academic study differently? Why?
- What changes would you make in your college or university? Why?
- Do you have plans for continued study? An advanced degree?
- Do you think that your grades are a good indication of your academic achievement?
- What have you learned from participation in extracurricular activities?
- In what kind of work environment are you most comfortable?
- How do you work under pressure?
- In what part-time or summer jobs have you been most interested? Why?
- Why did you decide to seek a position with this company?
- Are you seeking employment in a company of a certain size? Why?
- How would you describe the ideal job for you following graduation?
- What do you know about our organization?
- What two or three things are most important to you in your job?
- What criteria are you using to evaluate the employer for whom you hope to work?
- Do you have a geographical preference? Why?
- Will you relocate? Does relocation bother you?
- Are you willing to spend at least six months as a trainee?
- Why do you think you might like to live in the community in which our company is located?
- Describe a major problem you have encountered and how you dealt with it?
- What have you learned from your mistakes?