Job Shadow Program
Now is the time! Experience first hand how your education will be put to use in the workplace.
We have reached the maximum number of applicants for Job Shadow positions this spring. New Job Shadow opportunities will be available Summer Semester 2013! Check again on June 3, 2013
Career Services will match you with a professional in your field and notify you of the match. You then make contact with that professional to set up your date and time to job shadow. We recommend that you spend an entire day, but if your schedules do not allow this, a half-day is fine.
Still not convinced? Read these quotes from past participants...
- I really enjoyed being able to see and experience what I was being taught and reading about in class.
- I enjoyed this experience and it helped me make up my mind about my career choice.
- Although I have worked since I was 15, my mentor allowed me to realize how competitive the working field is and encouraged me to find an edge and expand my technology knowledge.
- I experienced a lot of hands-on learning, in-planted cattle, gave vacinations, and more!
- I was surprised to see how much interpersonal skills and effective communication is a HUGE part of a doctor's job; it's not just knowing the human body, doctor's need to be good with people.