WTAMU Job Fair Information
Do you need maximum exposure of your business with minimum resources invested? WTAMU’s job fairs can provide you the visibility you are looking for. Eight times a year we host career fairs and EXPOs targeting students from freshman to alumni.
Registration for all events is now handled through our BuffJobs database. Click BuffJobs on the right menu bar to access your account. Career fair policies are available here.
Check out our Facebook page for photographs from previous fairs and events!
Upcoming events - registration for all events is done through BuffJobs. (If needed, please contact our office for information on how to access BuffJobs.)
Summer Camp Fair - Wednesday, February 11, 2015. Job fair for camps and other outdoor/recreational facilities interested in recruiting WTAMU students to work this summer. This event has a new venue: Student Success Center/"The Hub" in the Classroom Center. Registration fee is $30 per organization.
Spring Career EXPO - ** New this year - 2 day event! ** Wednesday, February 25, 2015 AND Thursday, February 26, 2015 - Two day job fair for businesses interested in recruiting for any position other than school teaching positions. Full time post-graduation or internships - students will attend this fair seeking both types of professional opportunities. Held in Legacy Hall of the Jack B. Kelley Student Center. Don't forget the Pre-Fair Networking Receptions scheduled for the nights before. Registration fees are $125 per company (includes 2 recruiters - there is an additional $10 fee for each recruiter over 2) - late fee assessed for registrations received after 2/17.
Educator's EXPO - Wednesday, March 25, 2015. Job fair for public or private school systems who need teachers for the upcoming school year. Held in Legacy Hall of the Jack B. Kelley Student Center. Don't forget the Pre-Fair Networking Reception scheduled for the night before. Registration fees are $75 per district plus $10 for each recruiter after the first one - late fee assessed for registrations received after 3/17.
Part-time & Summer Job Fair - Thursday, April 9, 2015. Job fair for employers interested in hiring full-, part-time, summer or seasonal help as well as those organizations seeking regular, part- time employees. This event is held in the Jack B. Kelley Student Center's Legacy Hall. Registration fee is $30 per organization.
Fall 2014 Events:
Graduate & Professional Schools Fair- Thursday, September 25, 2014. JB K Legacy Hall. 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM. Targeting universities and professional schools offering graduate programs of interest to WTAMU students. Cost is $50 per institution, late fee assess for registrations received after 9/18/14.
Career EXPO - Thursday, October 9, 2014 - Job fair for businesses interested in recruiting for any position other than school teaching and healthcare positions. Full time post-graduation or internships - students will attend this fair seeking both types of professional opportunities. Held in Legacy Hall of the Jack B. Kelley Student Center. Don't forget the Pre-Fair Networking Reception scheduled for the night before. Registration fees are $100 per company plus $10 for each recruiter after the first one - late fee assessed for registrations received after 10/2/14.
Health Careers Fair - Thursday, October 23, 2014. Targeting nursing, communication disorders/SLP, social work, psychology, sociology and others interested in the helping professions. Registration fees are $125 per company for for-profit organizations and $100 per company for not-for-profit organizations plus $10 for each recruiter after the first one - late fee assessed for registrations received after 10/16/2014.
Meet the Accounting Firms - Thursday, November 13, 2014. Designed to assist public accounting or auditing firms identify potential candidates for employment. Held in Legacy Hall in the Jack B. Kelley Student Center. Each firm in attendance can have 2 or more professionals involved in a special Speed Networking activity prior to the start of the event - students invited to participate in speed networking are the 'best and the brightest' nearing graduation. Registration fee is $300 per organization.
For more information about our job fairs and EXPOs, please contact our office at 806.651.2345 or via email to email@example.com.
Career Fair Policies
- WTAMU CS policies do not allow the following types of organizations to register for any Career EXPO or Fair: employment/entrepreneurial organizations which are based on "pyramid" or "multi-level" structures and/or organizations that require applicants/employees to purchase products/services contingent upon their employment with, or on behalf of, that company/individual
- In cases of inclement weather, IF West Texas A&M University is open for business on the day of the EXPO/Fair, the event will be held. If the university is closed, the event will not occur.
- If a catastrophic event (an act of terrorism, extreme weather conditions, or other similar circumstances) occurs and West Texas A&M University is closed, the EXPO/Fair will be cancelled and registration fees will be refunded.
- Refunds will be processed (minus a $25 cancellation fee) if you notify WTAMU Career Services in writing more than 5 working days before the event that you will be unable to participate. If you cancel within 5 working days OR do not attend the EXPO/Fair for any reason, the full registration fee will be due. See individual fairs for the refund amount.
- WTAMU CS reserves the right to add or modify fair policies as needed.