Resident Assistant (RA) Selection
Fall 2017-Spring 2018 RA Positions:
- Applications will be available Monday, November 28, and will close on Monday, January 23, at 4:59 p.m.
Not exactly sure what a Resident Assistant does? Still have questions before you decide to apply? Information Sessions are offered to give you a clear picture of the Resident Assistant position and to give you an opportunity to meet Residential Living's student and professional staff. While not required, attending an info session is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED for all RA applicants.
All Information Sessions will be at the following times and locations:
Interview Preparation Sessions:
- December 7 (Wed): Centennial Hall Lobby at 6 p.m.
- January 19 (Thur): Jarrett Hall Lobby at 6 p.m.
Selection Process Timeline
How can you prepare for the RA Interviews? Interview Prep Sessions will assist you in understanding what the process will look like, how to dress properly, and what is to be expected during the interviews. While not required, attending an info session is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED for all RA applicants.
- January 25 (Wed): Centennial Hall Lobby at 6 p.m.
- February 2 (Thur): Jarrett Hall Lobby at 6 p.m.
Applicants must be able to attend all parts of the interview process in order to be considered for a Resident Assistant position. We offer a limited number of interview spots. Once all interview availability has been filled, we will maintain a list of applicants. If new spots open up, you will be contacted with an offer for an interview.
Only qualified candidates will participate in the interview process - the individual interview process and the group interview process. Candidates will sign up for the interviews at Residential Living when they turn in their applications.
RA Applications available online
|Jan. 23 ||RA Applications due by 4:59 p.m. in the Residential Living Office |
|Jan. 25 |
|Interview Prep Sessions |
|Feb. 4 ||Qualified applicants will attend the required Group Interview Process |
|Feb. 5 ||Qualified applicants will attend the required Individual Interview Process |
|April 7 ||Offer letters sent to candidates via email (stating either offer with placement, or no offer) |
Selected candidates must submit their Accept/Decline Offer by 4:59 p.m.
Application Materials and Instructions
Please Note: Applying for this position is a TWO STEP process; carefully review the following.
- Read and review the current Resident Assistant Job Description (a new job description will be provided upon job offer)
- Go to the Student Employment Services website and complete the Buff Jobs Application (Job ID: 10444); if you experience issues with the application or are unsure if it was submitted correctly, contact Student Employment Services directly.
- Complete the Residential Living RA Application
- Provide three references with the Reference Form - references should not be family, friends, students, or hall staff
- List your Strengths Quest Top 5 (if unsure of your strengths, contact the Student Affairs Office)
- Print and return all completed application materials to the Residential Living Office no later than Monday, January 23, at 4:59 p.m.
A completed application includes:
- A completed RA Application
- Three reference forms (see above)
- Online Buff Jobs application completed (no copy needed)
- Review full RA Job Description (no copy needed)
*Incomplete applications or unqualified candidates will not be considered for the RA position. See the RA Job Description
for details on qualifications.