Resident Assistant (RA) Selection
Fall 2016-Spring 2017 RA Positions:
- Applications will be available Monday, February 1, and will close on Thursday, February 11, at 4:59 p.m.
Not exactly sure what a Resident Assistant does? Still have questions before you decide to apply? Information Sessions are offered to give you a clear picture of the Resident Assistant position and to give you an opportunity to meet Residential Living's student and professional staff. While not required, attending an info session is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED for all RA applicants.
All Information Sessions will be on Wednesday, February 3, at the following times and locations:
Selection Process Timeline
- Founders Hall Lobby at 8:30 p.m.
- Centennial Hall Lobby at 9 p.m.
- Jarrett Hall Lobby at 9:30 p.m.
Applicants must be able to attend all parts of the interview process in order to be considered for a Resident Assistant position. We offer a limited number of interview spots. Once all interview availability has been filled, we will maintain a list of applicants. If new spots open up, you will be contacted with an offer for an interview.
Only qualified candidates will participate in the interview process - the formal interview process and the group interview process. Candidates will sign up for the formal interviews at Residential Living when they turn in their applications; only finalists will be advanced to the next step in the interview process and be notified via WTAMU email.
*NOTE: Not all candidates will receive an interview in the formal interview or group interview processes.
RA Applications available online
|Feb. 1-11 ||Applicants sign up for a formal interview timeslot at the Residential Living Office when application is submitted |
|Feb. 11 ||RA Applications due by 4:59 p.m. in the Residential Living Office |
|Feb. 17 & 19 ||Formal Interview Process |
|Feb. 26 ||Letters sent to candidates via email (stating either offer for the group interview, or NO offer) |
Qualified applicants will attend the required Group Interview Process
- Candidates will be notified with details and are asked to eat prior to arrival
and wear comfortable clothing
|April 4 ||Offer letters sent to candidates via email (stating either offer with placement, or no offer) |
Selected candidates must submit their Accept/Decline Offer by 4:59 p.m.
Application Materials and Instructions
Please Note: Applying for this position is a TWO STEP process; carefully review the following.
- Read and review the Resident Assistant Job Description
- Go to the Student Employment Services website and complete the Buff Jobs Application (Job ID: 8352); if you experience issues with the application or are unsure if it was submitted correctly, contact Student Employment Services directly.
- Complete the Residential Living RA Application
- List three references - references should not be family, friends, students, or hall staff
- List your Strengths Quest Top 5 (all current first-year students completed this during NSO)
- Return all application materials to the Residential Living Office no later than Thursday, February 11, at 4:59 p.m.
A completed application includes, and should be placed in this order:
- A completed RA Application
- SES (Buff Jobs) online application completed (no copy needed)
- Review full RA Job Description (no copy needed)
*Incomplete applications or unqualified candidates will not be considered for the RA position. See the RA Job Description
for details on qualifications.