Resident Assistant (RA) Selection
Fall 2014-Spring 2015 RA Positions:
- Applications will be available Friday, February 7, and will close on Thursday, February 20, at 4:59 p.m.
Not exactly sure what a Resident Assistant does? Still have questions before you decide to apply? Information Sessions are offered to give you a clear picture of the Resident Assistant position and to give you an opportunity to meet Residential Living's student and professional staff. While not required, attending an info session is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED for all RA applicants.
All Information Sessions will be on Wednesday, February 12, at the following times and locations:
Selection Process Timeline
- Centennial Hall Lobby at 8:30 p.m.
- Guenther Hall Lobby at 9 p.m.
- Founders Hall Lobby at 9:30 p.m.
We offer a limited number of interview spots. Once all interview availability has been filled, we will maintain a list of applicants. If new spots open up, you will be contacted with an offer for an interview.
Only qualified candidates will participate in the interview process - the group interview meeting, first-round interviews, and second-round interviews. Candidates will be contacted via phone to schedule an interview(s); finalists will be contacted for second-round interviews.
*NOTE: Not all candidates will receive a second-round interview.
RA Applications available online
|Feb. 20 ||RA Applications due by 4:59 p.m. in the Residential Living Office |
|Feb. 23 |
|Qualified applicants will attend the required Group Interview Meeting (4-6 p.m.) to sign up for interviews - qualified applicants will be notified by phone with details |
Feb. 26 - March 7
|First Round Interviews |
|March 11 |
|First round letters sent to candidates via email (stating either offer for second-round interviews, or no offer) |
|March 17 - 21 |
|Second Round Interviews |
|March 24 |
|Offer letters sent to candidates via email (stating either offer with placement, or no offer) |
Selected candidates must submit their Accept/Decline Offer by 4:59 p.m.
Application Materials and Instructions
- Read and review the Resident Assistant Job Description
- Complete a Job Authorization Form from Student Employment Services in the Student Success Center (Classroom Center suite 113) or online at the Student Employment Services web page
- Complete the RA Application
- List three references - references should not be family, friends, students, or hall staff
- Answer the RA Application questions - typed, single-spaced, and no more than one page in length
- Get one copy of your official WTAMU transcript from the Office of the Registrar (please note that this could take a few days, so plan accordingly)
- Return all application materials to the Residential Living Office no later than Thursday, February 20, at 4:59 p.m.
A completed application includes, and should be placed in this order:
- A completed Job Authorization form
- A completed RA Application
- Typed answers to the RA Application questions
- One (1) copy of your WTAMU transcript (official copy only)
*Incomplete applications or unqualified candidates will not be considered for the RA position. See the RA Job Description for details on qualifications.