Resident Assistant (RA) Selection
Spring 2016 RA Positions:
- Applications will be available Tuesday, October 27, and will close on Tuesday, November 3 at 4:59 p.m.
- Buff Job #7760
Selection Process Timeline
Applicants must be able to attend all parts of the interview process in order to be considered for a Resident Assistant position. We offer a limited number of interview spots, as there are few Spring 2016 positions available. Once all interview availability has been filled, we will maintain a list of applicants. If new spots open up, you will be contacted with an offer for an interview.
Only qualified candidates will participate in the interview process - first-round interviews and second-round interviews. Candidates will be contacted via phone or WTAMU email to schedule an interview(s); finalists will be contacted for second-round interviews.
*NOTE: Not all candidates will receive a second-round interview.
RA Applications available online
|Nov. 3 ||RA Applications due by 4:59 p.m. in the Residential Living Office |
|Nov. 4 ||Qualified applicants will be notified via phone to schedule a first-round interview |
|Nov. 5-6 ||First-Round Interviews |
|Nov. 9 ||First round letters sent to candidates via email (stating either offer for second-round interviews, or no offer) |
|Nov. 10-13 ||Second-Round Interviews |
Offer letters sent to candidates via email (stating either offer with placement, or no offer)
Selected candidates must submit their Accept/Decline Offer by 4:59 p.m.
Application Materials and Instructions
Please Note: Applying for this position is a TWO STEP process; carefully review the following.
- Read and review the Resident Assistant Job Description
- Go to the Student Employment Services website and complete the Buff Jobs Application (apply for Job ID: 7760); if you experience issues with the application or are unsure if it was submitted correctly, contact Student Employment Services directly.
- Complete the Residential Living RA Application
- List three references - references should not be family, friends, students, or hall staff
- Answer the RA Application questions - typed, single-spaced, and no more than one page in length
- Return all application materials to the Residential Living Office no later than Tuesday, November 3, at 4:59 p.m.
A completed application includes, and should be placed in this order:
- A completed RA Application
- Typed answers to the RA Application questions
- SES (Buff Jobs) online application completed (no copy needed)
*Incomplete applications or unqualified candidates will not be considered for the RA position. See the RA Job Description
for details on qualifications.