Resident Assistant (RA) Selection
Fall 2015-Spring 2016 RA Positions:
- No available positions at this time.
Not exactly sure what a Resident Assistant does? Still have questions before you decide to apply? Information Sessions are offered to give you a clear picture of the Resident Assistant position and to give you an opportunity to meet Residential Living's student and professional staff. While not required, attending an info session is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED for all RA applicants.
All Information Sessions will be on Wednesday, February 11, at the following times and locations:
Selection Process Timeline
- Centennial Hall Lobby at 9 p.m.
- Jarrett Hall Lobby at 9:30 p.m.
- Founders Hall Lobby at 10:00 p.m.
Applicants must be able to attend all parts of the interview process in order to be considered for a Resident Assistant position. We offer a limited number of interview spots. Once all interview availability has been filled, we will maintain a list of applicants. If new spots open up, you will be contacted with an offer for an interview.
Only qualified candidates will participate in the interview process - the group interview process and the individual interview process. Candidates will be contacted via WTAMU email regarding interview times and locations; only finalists will be advanced to the next step in the interview process.
*NOTE: Not all candidates will receive an interview in the group interview or individual interview processes.
RA Applications available online
|Feb. 19 ||RA Applications due by 4:59 p.m. in the Residential Living Office |
|March 8 |
|Qualified applicants will attend the required Group Interview Process (4:30-8 p.m.) |
- Candidates will be notified with details and are asked to eat prior to arrival
and wear comfortable clothing
|March 10 ||Letters sent to candidates via email (stating either offer for an individual interview, or NO offer) |
|March 10-13 ||Finalists will be notified to sign up for a one-hour interview timeslot at the Residential Living Office for the Individual Interview Process (to occur the week after Spring Break) |
Individual Interview Process
|April 13 ||Offer letters sent to candidates via email (stating either offer with placement, or no offer) |
Selected candidates must submit their Accept/Decline Offer by 4:59 p.m.
Application Materials and Instructions
Please Note: Applying for this position is a TWO STEP process; carefully review the following.
- Read and review the Resident Assistant Job Description
- Go to the Student Employment Services website and complete the Buff Jobs Application (Job ID: 5961); if you experience issues with the application or are unsure if it was submitted correctly, contact Student Employment Services directly.
- Complete the Residential Living RA Application
- List three references - references should not be family, friends, students, or hall staff
- Answer the RA Application questions - typed, single-spaced, and no more than one page in length
- Return all application materials to the Residential Living Office no later than Thursday, February 19, at 4:59 p.m.
A completed application includes, and should be placed in this order:
- A completed RA Application
- Typed answers to the RA Application questions
- SES (Buff Jobs) online application completed (no copy needed)
*Incomplete applications or unqualified candidates will not be considered for the RA position. See the RA Job Description
for details on qualifications.