Apply for LEAD WT
Prior to making application, students should meet the following criteria:
- Must have at least four long semesters remaining at West Texas A&M University at the start of the program in August.
- Full time enrollment (12 hours or more during the long semesters).
- Cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher.
- Students cannot be placed on scholastic or disciplinary probation.
- Preference will be given to applicants who will have completed at least 45 hours, and students who have fewer than 5 long semesters remaining.
LEAD WT Application Packet, 2013
The application deadline to be considered for the LEAD WT program for fall 2013 - spring 2015 is February 15, 2013 at 5 PM.
Selection Criteria for LEAD WT
Approximately 25 students will be selected for LEAD WT through a selective application and interview process. Students will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Attitude - LEAD Scholars are optimistic, energetic, and giving.
- Work Ethic - LEAD Scholars are responsible, take initiative, and show self-discipline. This will be evident when reviewing their résumé.
- People Skills - LEAD Scholars communicate effectively with others, work as a part of a team, and represent LEAD WT professionally on campus and in the community.
- Desire - LEAD Scholars demonstrate a desire for personal growth and development and will be able to articulate their goals and plans for the future.