Commuter Programs help students who need temporary housing in case of inclement weather, personal emergencies, and/or support of studies during finals week. Available for a maximum of one night per week Monday through Thursday, this program provides temporary housing for a reasonable price.
300 23rd St.
As a commuter student, you can stay at the Buffalo Inn (map) at a discounted price. There, you'll have the opportunity to take full advantage of WTAMU amenities, all within walking distance of the motel.
Make yourself a home away from home:
To secure a room:
- All rooms are private and safe to leave your belongings.
- Rooms are spacious and comfortable with a bed, dresser, closet, cable television and local telephone service.
- Basic amenities are available free of charge (i.e. shampoo, conditioner, iron, ironing board, hair dryer, etc.).
- Food extablishments are within walking distance, as well as the WTAMU Dining Hall and Jack B. Kelley Student Center Food Court.
- Students have quick access to University events and activities like student activities, sporting events and recreation.
All room reservations are for single occupancy only. Room reservations are made on a first-come, first-serve basis and may be made through the Office of Commtuer Programs. View a list of guidelines, call Commuter Programs at 806-651-2313 for more information.
- Come by the JBK Information Desk. Fill out the proper paper work, pay the minimal fee of $20 and take the commuter-housing form to the Buffalo Inn.
- At the Buffalo Inn, you must check in at the front office. Give them the commuter-housing form, and they will give you a key to a room.
- The next day, all you need to do is check out at the front office by 11 a.m.