|Fall and Spring Semester Hours |
|Monday-Thursday: ||4-11 p.m. |
|Friday: ||4-10 p.m. |
|Saturday: ||2-10 p.m. |
|Sunday ||2-11 p.m. |
|Winter and Spring Intersession Hours |
|Monday-Friday: ||2-8 p.m. |
|Saturday and Sunday: ||Closed |
|Monday-Thursday: ||4-10 p.m. |
|Friday-Sunday: ||2-8 p.m. |
West Texas A&M University's new rock climbing tower recently opened in the Virgil Henson Activities Center. The tower is nearly 40 feet tall and is fashioned after the Light House rock structure in Palo Duro Canyon. The tower has paths for amateurs and experts, so everyone with an adventurous spirit can give it a try.
For more information regarding group rentals, please call Outdoor Pursuits at (806)651-2353, Monday through Friday between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
All physical activities offered by Recreational Sports and the VHAC carry various degrees of risk or injury. Participants assume sole responsibility for any and all such risk or injury that may result due to voluntary participation. It is each individual's
responsibility to be knowledgeable of his/her own physical condition to participate in any of the activities.
Climbing Tower Policies
- All climbing participants must check in at the customer service desk and/or scan their Buffalo Gold card or VHAC membership card.
- Climbing participants must be at least 16 years of age. Climbers between the ages of 16 and 18 must show proof of parental consent before they are allowed to climb.
- Climbing participants 18 years of age or older must complete the TAMU System liability release form before they are allowed to climb.
- In the event of a WTAMU sponsored camp, campers must show identification before being allowed to climb, as well as the above procedures.
- Climbing shoes or soft sole shoes are the only shoes allowed on the climbing tower/bouldering area and in the climbing tower area.
- All participants on the bouldering wall must have a spotter before climbing and crash pads beneath them.
- Climbers on the tower and bouldering wall must be five feet from one another while climbing.
- Climbers are allowed one climb to allow time for those in the waiting area. Please follow the advice of the student employees giving directions for your safety and the safety of others.