Workers are now busy rolling out rolls and rolls of the artificial turf to cover a large portion of the area east of Jarrett Hall north to the former site of the University’s Wind Test Center. Very few college campuses across the country can boast of anything that compares to WTAMU’s Buffalo Sports Park. The multi-field, $21.8 million project includes:
• the competition David and Myrt Wilder Baseball Field with seating;
• a competition softball field with seating;
• a competition combined soccer and track and field facility with seating;
• two combination football and soccer practice fields;
• a three-field intramural and recreational softball/flag football facility with lighting;
• two intramural basketball courts with lighting;
• two intramural tennis courts with lighting;
• a practice field for the WTAMU marching band;
• a grand lawn park activity area with lighting;
• a jogging trail with lighting; and
• rest room, concession and ticket facilities.
The synthetic-covered fields are scheduled for an August completion, and support facilities such as concessions and rest rooms will be finished by November. The Buffalo Sports Park is just one of several construction projects under way at WTAMU designed to enhance and prepare the campus for future growth as the University enters its second century.