May blessings be upon the head of Cadmus, the Phoenicians or whoever it was that invented books--.
- African Writers: Voices of Change
- The University of Florida library system is responsible for this Web page that provides biographical and bibliographical information on major African writers, along with links to other African literature sites.
- A Celebration of Women Writers
- This page, a product of the On-line Books Page and hosted by Carnegie Mellon University, provides links to sites about women writers from around the globe. The links are broken down by time period and nationality. This source provides a good deal of information about women writers from foreign countries.
- Literature from Other Countries
- Although this is not an exhaustive series of links, the site does serve as a starting point regarding literature from around the world. Some links lead to sites in English, while many lead to foreign language sites. Some annotations are provided.
- Voice of the Shuttle: English Literature: Other Literatures in English
- Voice of the Shuttle is a directory of humanities resources on the Web, provided by the University of California, Santa Barbara. It is probably the most comprehensive literature directory on the Web. The section on Other Literatures Written in English includes English literature resources from Africa, Australia and New Zealand, Canada, the Caribbean, Ireland, Scotland, South Asia, and Wales. Links are broken down by time period, geographic area and by genre. Short annotations are provided.
- Voice of the Shuttle: Literatures (Other Than English)
- In addition to general links, includes sections on Arabic, African, Chinese, Classical, Dutch, Eastern European, French, Gaelic/Celtic, German, Greek, Guatemalan, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Persian, Russian, Scandinavian, Spanish & Portuguese, South Asian, Turkish, and Welsh literature. Links are broken down by time period, geographic area and by genre. Short annotations are provided.