APA Publication Style
- Social Psychology Network
- Links to thousands of social psychological and psychology-related topics including information on careers, professional organizations, graduate programs in psychology, sources of funding, psychological studies being carried out on the internet, etc. The home of this site is Wesleyan University and it is said to be the "largest social psychology database on the Internet."
- SocioLog: Julian Dierkes' Comprehensive Guide to Sociology On-Line
- Presents a collection of sociology resources. Includes professional associations, institutions, research institutes and sociologists. Links to related mailing lists, journals, data archives, and non-English resources.
- WSSLINKS: Women and Gender Studies
- A project of the ACRL Women's Studies Section Collection Development Committee. Leads to a wide variety of sources including bibliographies, reports, articles, and other publications; reference works; organizations; directories; discussion lists; and topic-oriented meta-sites.
- Internet Crossroads in Social Science Data
- A clearinghouse of links to Internet resources including online databases provided by government and nongovernmental agencies. Also includes international sources. This site is based in College of Arts and Sciences at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- Current Topics in Psychology
- Links to a variety of topics such as mood and eating disorders, teen suicide, and Internet addiction compiled by Michael Fenichel, a clinical psychologist practicing in New York city.
- Internet Mental Health
- Free encyclopedia of mental health information. The site is designed to meet the needs of professionals, patients, support groups, students and the general public. Information on the 50 most common mental disorders includes description, treatment, research, booklets, and articles.
- Mental Health Net
- A guide to mental health, psychology and psychiatry resources. The site claims to index over 9000 refereed resources and is searchable by keyword.
- Data on the Net
- An encyclopedic listing of providers of archival social science data mostly on American life. This site is searchable and also includes direct links to important sites such as the United States Census Bureau.
- Psychology Resources
- Provides access to academic programs in psychology, neuroscience, cognitive science, and linguistic sciences. Links to information about artificial intelligence, software, newsgroups and FAQs. Compiled by the Perceptual Science Laboratory (PSL) at the University of California at Santa Cruz.
- Rural Sociology, Penn State College of Agricultural Sciences
- Discusses the post-graduate Rural Sociology degree offered by Pennsylvania State University. Signature areas include Agriculture & Food Systems, Community & International Development, Natural Resources & Environment, and Rural Social Demography.
- American Psychological Association
- National Science Foundation
- American Philosophical Association
- American Sociological Association
- Dead Sociologists Society
- Western Society of Criminology
- Organizations, Occupations, and Work (OOW) Section of the ASA
Any questions? Ask a Librarian, or call us at 806/651-2215.