- Anthropology Sites on the World Wide Web (University of Arizona Library)
- Contains links to Internet sites in cultural anthropology, archaeology, linguistics, physical and biological anthropology, electronic journals, institutes, labs, associations, societies, directories, museums, and American Indian sites.
- Anthropology Resources on the Internet
- Compiled by the American Anthropological Association. Includes links to Web sites for associations, colleges and universities, and discussion groups.
- ArchNet-WWW Virtual Library-Archaeology (Arizona State University)
- Information categorized by geographic region and subject. Contains links to academic departments and programs, museums, research facilities, journals, publishers, newsgroups, email lists, and other resources for archaeology and anthropology. Searchable.
- Yahoo! Social Science: Anthropology and Archaeology
- Catalog of Internet sites. Categories include archaeology, conferences, ethnomusicology, institutes, journals, linguistics and human language, mailing lists, museums, organizations, paleontology, papers, primatology, and usenet.
- American Anthropological Association: Careers in Anthropology
- Employment listings for anthropologists and archaeologists, with links to career advice..
- Archaeological Institute of America: Fieldwork
- Searchable database of fieldwork opportunities in the United States, Latin America, the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia, Australia, New Zealand, and the Pacific.
- Frequently Asked Questions About a Career in Archaeology in the U.S.
- Provides information about careers in archaeology. Includes information about print resources and links to Web sites for journals, organizations and other resources related to the field of archaeology.
- Society for American Archaeology
- Professional organization focused on archaeological research in the Americas. Includes links to educational and career resources.
- American Anthropological Society
- The world's largest organization of professional anthropologists, including archaeologists and researchers focusing on biological, cultural, and linguistic anthropology.
- The Chronicle of Higher Education: Chronicle Careers
- Employment listings from colleges and universities worldwide. Provides an option to receive automatic emails of relevant job listings.
- Society for Historical Archaeology
- Professional society for historical archaeologists, who study material remains of cultures using both archaeological and historical methods.
- The Panhandle Plains Historical Museum
- Information about the collections of the largest historical museum in Texas, including significant collections of archaeological materials. The Panhandle Plains Historical Museum is located on the West Texas A&M University campus, in Canyon.
- Texas Beyond History
- Public education project of the Texas Archeological Research Laboratory at The University of Texas at Austin. Focusing on the broad subject of Texas' cultural heritage, this Web site covers the prehistoric as well as historic cultures of Texas.
- Texas Archeological Society
- Information about the Texas Archeological Society. Includes links to Web sites related to archaeological research in Texas.
- Texas Archeological Research Laboratory
- Includes links to current research projects.
Any questions? Ask a Librarian, or call us at 806/651-2215.