Instructional Resource Center
The Cornette Library's Instructional Resource Center, is an excellent resource for WTAMU education majors and tutors. It houses kindergarten through 12th grade textbooks adopted by the State of Texas for its public schools. The collection also includes books for creating lesson plans and activities for the classroom. Most of these materials can be checked out at the Circulation Desk using your Buffalo Gold Card.
The IRC provides access to educational software for use with elementary age children. The CD-ROMs, which must be used on the computers in the ILL/IRC area, are on reserve at the Circulation Desk. You can search for software on reserve using the reserves search in the online catalog.
The IRC, located on the first floor of the Cornette Library, is open during all Library hours. If you need assistance, contact Laura Marshall, Director-Instructional Resource Center, at (806)651-2405 or visit her in Room 156 on the first floor of the Library. Her hours are Monday-Friday 8:00-12:00 noon and 1:00-5:00 p.m.
Web Sites of Interest
- Educator's Reference Desk Lesson Plans
- A great place to find ideas for class projects or student teaching.
- Lesson plans, worksheet generators, WebQuests, educational news updates, and links to additional education sites. Annual individual subscription cost is $19.99.
- Teacher-reviewed material. Articles and curriculum calendar are free. Annual subscription cost for lesson plans K-12, all subjects, is $24-$60 (Spring 2017).
- TExES and ExCET Preparation Manuals
- Links to the subject specific preparation manuals for TExES (Texas Examinations of Educator Standards) and ExCET (Examination for the Certification of Educators in Texas).
- Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS)
- You may access all grade levels and disciplines of the TEKS from this page.
- State Board for Educator Certification
- Information about teacher certification in Texas.
- Texas Education Agency
- The website for the Texas Education Agency.