Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
WTAMU students, faculty, staff, and Friends of Cornette Library can use Interlibrary Loan (ILL) to borrow research materials from the collections of other libraries.
The ILL Office is located in the west hall at the south end of the Cornette Library. The normal business hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Contact the Interlibrary Loan department at (806) 651-2406Request an Item
What is Interlibrary Loan?
- Service that obtains books, articles, documents and other material that Cornette Library does not have. Rare and archival materials are usually not obtainable.
- Sends copies of articles and loans books to other libraries.
- Can be used by WTAMU students, faculty, staff, and Friends of the Cornette Library (Supporting level and above)
How to Use ILL
- For books please give us author, title, publisher, and publication date.
- For articles please give us author, title, title of journal/magazine/newspaper, date or volume/issue of publication, and page numbers.
- For other media, also please give us format, producer, and any other unique information.
- If you cannot find any of the above information, please let us know.
- Submit request using your choice of:
- Pre-filled Interlibrary Loan form that is available in WorldCAT and most of Cornette Library's databases.
- Online Interlibrary Loan Form (ILLIAD).
- Generally no charge, but you will be contacted in advance if there will be any fee.
- Allow up to 1 week for articles to arrive.
- Allow 1-3 weeks for books to arrive.
- You will be notified by email or telephone when your material arrives.
- Material can be picked up in the ILL office or at the Reference Desk.
- Some articles may be delivered as PDF attachments to email.
- Articles will typically be delivered online. You’ll receive email notification when the article is available. Login to your ILL account and retrieve the item under “View/Download Electronically Received Articles”. Download/print these within 30 days. Click on the transaction number to get the PDF.
- Rarely, articles will be received as photocopies that can be picked up at ILL desk.
- Microfilm or rare materials may only be used in the library.
- Renewal and check-out periods are determined by the lending library.
- Overdue fines accrue at $1.00 per day, excluding weekend days.
- Articles are yours to keep.
- Books and other materials can be returned to ILL office 8-5, M-F or to the Reference Desk.
- Please do not return ILL materials to external book drops.
- Email a librarian. We can help you find what you need from another source.
- Use a document delivery service such as the following:
- Try to obtain the item from a bookstore
- Search for articles via the World Wide Web
- Visit a library which owns a needed item
- Contact the publisher or author of the item
- Ask for help on an Internet newsgroup or mailing list