Types of information sources
Different sources will answer different kinds of questions.
- Brief factual information: use encyclopedias, almanacs, guides, directories, and company Web sites.
- Current events: use newspapers, general interest magazines (print or in databases) and reliable websites.
- Historical events: use old newspapers and other periodicals (print or microfilm) for then-current perspective.
- Scholarly analysis and research: use scholarly journals (print or electronic) and subject-specific databases.
- In-depth, comprehensive background and history: use books and scholarly journals (print or in databases).
[Close this window]