Goal: Find information appropriate for the audience to be addressed.
- What age group is the item aimed at?
- Example: Ranger Rick might be excellent for a teacher preparing elementary school activities.
- Is the item intended for a general or a specialized audience?
- Examples: A speech to your fraternity would require different sources than a 30 page formal research paper.
- Is the item intended for scholars or the general public?
- Example: National Geographic and Journal of Geophysics have very different audiences.