Books and other library materials are checked out at the Circulation Desk on the first floor of the Cornette Library. Circulation also handles course reserves, maintains the photocopiers, processes fines and lost books, and handles lost and found items. The Circulation Staff will also help you renew your library books or find books which are not on the shelf.
Getting a Library Card
West Texas A&M University students, faculty, staff, and retirees are automatically registered to check out library material with your Buffalo Gold Card. You must have your Buffalo Gold Card with you and present it at the Circulation Desk in order to check out materials. Other options are available for Friends of the Cornette Library and library users with TexShare cards or LEIAN Passports. Special cards are issued to the Amarillo College "Straight Through to U" students and to Region 16 Teachers.
|Your Category||Loan Period||# of Books||# of Renewals|
Current Students, Dependents,
Faculty, Staff, Retired Staff
|Friends of the Cornette Library,
Amarillo College "Straight Through to U"
|120 days||15 total, 5 IRC||3|
|Region 16 Teachers||120 days||10 (IRC only)||3|
Thesis Students, TAs, GAs,
(5/15, 8/15, or 12/15)
|28 days||20 total, 5 IRC||5|
- Current Staff, Retired Staff, Affiliates, Dependents
- Students, Thesis students, TAs, GAs, Distance Ed., Contract Labor
- Faculty, PTIs, Retired Faculty, Faculty Emeriti
- TexShare, Passport
- Camps, Continuing Education, Visiting Scholars
- All Friends: Contributing, Supporting, Sustaining, Patron, Benefactor, Lifetime Friend, Lifetime Courtesy
- Region 16 Teachers
- Region 16 teachers MUST have School ID