Circulation: Laptop Computers
The Cornette Library has 24 laptops capable of web browsing and word processing, which can be checked out by faculty, staff, and students for use within the library.
Only WTAMU students, faculty and staff with active Buffalo Gold ID cards may check out the laptops.
Patrons with holds on their records must clear their record before they will be allowed to check out a laptop computer.
- Patrons are responsible for knowing and following the rules stated in the Laptop Checkout and Use Policy.
- Laptops may not leave the Library for any reason. Information Technology Services at 651-7904 has laptops to use outside of the Library.
- Laptops may be checked out for two hours from the Circulation Desk and must be returned to the Circulation Desk within two hours of check-out or before the library closes for the day, whichever comes first.
- Patrons are financially responsible for the loss, theft and/or damage of a laptop when it is checked out to them. For this reason, NEVER leave a laptop unattended.
- Overdue fines will accrue at the rate of $15 per hour. Patrons will be billed for unreturned or lost laptops. The replacement cost is $2,000 plus a $25 processing fee.
- Patrons will be billed for any damage to laptops and/or accessories.
Note: The Registrar's Office will withhold diplomas, grades, and transcripts until all outstanding library charges are paid.
- Unfortunately, we cannot extend this privilege to Friends of the Cornette Library, TAMU Affiliates, or dependents of WTAMU faculty and staff.
- Only one laptop may be checked out at a time. Only the person who checked out the laptop may use it. For group checkouts, please contact the Circulation Unit (at 806-651-2223, Monday-Friday 8:00am and 5:00pm) prior to the date the laptops are needed.
- Laptops may be renewed at the Circulation Desk. The laptop must be brought to the Circulation Desk to be renewed.
- Adding, deleting, or altering computer hardware/software or settings is prohibited.
- Data cannot be stored on the laptops.
Any questions? Ask a Librarian, or call us at 806/651-2215.