3 Laptops Available
Located @ the Circulation Desk
For WTAMU Students, Faculty, and Staff
Group Checkouts Available
- Windows 10
- Microsoft Office
- Internet Explorer
- Current WTAMU students, faculty and staff only with Buff Gold Card
- Library record must be in good standing
- Laptops may not leave the Library for any reason. Instructional Technology Services at (806) 651-7904 has laptops to use outside of the Library for faculty and staff only.
- WTAMU Buffalo Gold ID card or current picture ID card must be presented.
- Laptops may be checked out for two hours from the Circulation Desk.
- Laptops must be returned to the Circulation Desk within two hours of check-out or before the library closes for the day, whichever comes first.
- The patron is financially responsible and will be billed for the loss, theft and/or damage of a laptop and its accessories while the items are checked out to them. For this reason, NEVER leave a laptop unattended.
Note: The replacement cost is $2,000 or current market value plus a $25 processing fee. Patrons will be billed for unreturned or lost laptops.
- Overdue fines will accrue at the rate of $15 per hour.
- Users are expected to inform Circulation staff of any problems with the laptops so that issues can be resolved in a timely manner.
Note: The Registrar's Office will withhold diplomas, grades, and transcripts until all outstanding library charges are paid.
- Unfortunately, we cannot extend this privilege to Friends of the Cornette Library, TAMU Affiliates, or dependents of WTAMU faculty and staff.
- Only one laptop may be checked out at a time. Only the person who checked out the laptop may use it.
- For group checkouts, please contact the Circulation Unit (at (806) 651-2223, Monday-Friday 8:00am and 5:00pm) prior to the date the laptops are needed.
- Laptops may be renewed at the Circulation Desk. The laptop must be brought to the Circulation Desk to be renewed.
- Adding, deleting, or altering computer hardware/software or settings is prohibited.
- Data cannot be stored on the laptops.
- Priority is given to course-related use and patrons may be asked to yield to others with those needs. The use of these resources for commercial activity is prohibited.
- Internet-based resources may be used for lawful purposes only. Violation of local, state or federal laws, such as those regarding pornography, copyright, theft, vandalism, violation of personal privacy, and unauthorized access to computing resources may result in arrest and/or prosecution.
- All users agree to refrain from conduct which produces an intimidating, hostile or offensive work or study environment. WTAMU policies regarding sexual, racial and other forms of harassment, as well as standards of conduct for WTAMU students, faculty and staff are specified in the Texas A&M University System Policy and Regulation Manual, the West Texas A&M University Rules and Procedures, and the Rules for Responsible Information Technology Usage. Violation of WTAMU policies may result in penalties under University regulations.