Featured from New Books
Click on the call number to check the book's current status.
Statistics for People Who (Think They) Hate Statistics
Los Angeles, CA : SAGE Publications, Inc., 2008
HA29 .S2365 2008
The bestselling Statistics for People Who (Think They) Hate Statistics is now in its Third Edition. This new Third Edition continues to teach an often intimidating and difficult subject in a way that is informative, personable, and clear.
Author Neil J. Salkind takes students from a bit of history through the important statistical techniques that all introductory students need to learn or know about. The text also seamlessly integrates the use of SPSS both within chapters and within end-of-chapter study problems.
New to the Third Edition
- Provides more exercises: New exercises at the end of each chapter represent a variety of disciplines and vary in their level of application and interest. These exercises use data sets that are available via a companion Web site.
- Presents data sets in two forms: Data sets are available in SPSS and Excel formats and on the companion Web site.
- Moves answers to the back of the book: The answers to the Time To Practice questions are now included at the end of the book rather than at the end of each chapter, making them easier to locate in a group (and harder to peek at).
- Introduces reliability and validity earlier: The chapter on reliability and validity has been moved to the first section of the text, laying a stronger foundation for students to apply these concepts.
- Offers the latest version of SPSS: SPSS 15 is featured although the practice questions work with earlier versions of SPSS as well.
- Updates and expands material throughout: There is additional coverage of research methods basics as well as expanded coverage of power.
The Third Edition continues with helpful pedagogical features from previous editions that students and instructors alike love.
Accompanied by High-Quality Ancillaries Including
- A new companion website at www.sagepub.com/salkindstudy that helps students to make the most of the text.
- A computerized, fully revised testbank.
- A dynamic and much-expanded suite of Instructor's Resources available for qualifed adopters.
Quoted from back cover.