Featured from New Books
Click on the call number to check the book's current status.
Concepts of Database Management
Boston, MA : Thompson Course Technology, 2005
QA76.9 .D3 P73 2005
Concepts of Database Management, Fifth Edition is the perfect short, yet complete, introduction to database concepts. The two featured case problems, Premiere Products and Henry Books, bring to life real-world database issues such as database design, data integrity, concurrent updates, and data security. This edition includes expanded coverage of SQL, entity-relationship (E-R) diagrams, normalization, and database design. Concepts of Database Management, Fifth Edition also includes rich pedagogical features, such as end-of-chapter summaries, review questions, and case exercises.
- A concise approach to database management that covers fundamental material in nine chapters and several appendices.
- A comprehensive discussion of database design includes normalization, E-R diagrams, numerous database design examples, and trade-off discussions.
- Extensive coverage of SQL with design examples, which illustrate key concepts.
- Advanced topics such as concurrency issues, distributed databases, and data warehouses are included.
- Available bundled with Oracle 10g Personal Edition.
- Updated and new exercises in each chapter and a new case, Alexamara Group, challenge readers and reinforce concepts.
- New appendices describe the purpose and syntax of the major SQL commands used in the book.
Quoted from back cover.