Featured from New Books
Click on the call number to check the book's current status.
Dosage Calculations: A Ratio-Proportion Approach
Clifton Park, NY : Thomson Delmar Learning, 2007
RS57 .P533 2007
Master dosage calculations with the ratio-proportion version of the best-selling book from Gloria D. Pickar, Dosage Calculations: A Ratio-Proportion Approach, 2nd Edition builds upon core strengths that made Dosage Calculations a market leader. This trusted book includes a comprehensive math review, full-color drug labels, and critical thinking assessments. Basic and advanced calculations are thoroughly covered, including intravenous and those specific to the pediatric patient.
New to this edition:
- New chapter 9: Preventing Medication Errors highlights the newest regulations on medication abbreviations, new medication administration technologies, and safe medication practices.
- Only approved JCAHO and ISMP abbreviations are included, to ensure safe and current use of standard terminology.
- Free CD provides 500 additional practice questions.
- Real drug labels and life-size syringes bring the content to life and simulate a clinical environment for the user.
- The original three-step method, (1) Convert, (2) Think, (3) Calculate, trains the user to approach calculations logically, increasing confidence and reducing medication errors.
- Critical Thinking Skills can be developed through real-world clinical scenarios that demonstrate the importance of safe medication administration.
- Hundreds of examples, practice problems, review sets and self tests ensure complete mastery of dosage calculations.
Quoted from back cover.