The Cornette Library supports the mission of West Texas A&M University by connecting people with information and resources through positive and successful library experiences.
We value relationships.
- Respecting the dignity of all individuals
- Interacting with the WTAMU community (students, faculty, staff and alumni), library donors, and other library users
- Record the history of West Texas A&M University
- Record the history and examine the natural characteristics, culture, and industry of the Texas Panhandle
- Anticipating and meeting the information needs of library users and going the extra mile in providing courteous service
We value information literacy.
- Creating an environment that fosters lifelong learning
- Assisting library users to recognize the ongoing value of effective research and information gathering skills
- Teaching skills that enable library users to find, evaluate, and ethically use information
We value and strive to protect the privacy and confidentiality of all our users.
We value intellectual freedom.
- Exploring differing points of view without fear of repression
- Striving to provide access to information resources
We value preservation.
- Acting as custodians of the library’s collections
- Striving to provide an environment conducive to the long term preservation of our library’s resources
- Promote information literacy
- Serve as stewards of the physical and virtual information resources that we acquire, organize, and preserve in support of WTAMU’s curricula
- Provide and/or participate in programs/events that educate and/or enrich lives
- Support the research efforts of library users
- Provide a safe and comfortable learning and working environment
- Maintain and enhance patron privacy and confidentiality
- Provide support to the campus wide Quality Enhancement Program (QEP)
- Support the University’s retention and recruitment efforts
- Remain relevant in a constantly changing digital world
- Ensure Cornette Library staff have professional development opportunities